Need Deus Advice: Starter package?

REAL_RAT_FINK

Forum Supporter
Thinking about buying XP Deus.

Trying to figure out the difference between the starter package and the other expensive packages. The main difference is one has an LCD screen and the starter does not.

Is performance different?

Performance is exactly the same, just without the lcd pod I believe that you cannot make in depth or custom adjustments

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

A good question..

I actually talked about this today via telecom with Curbdog,, who is a member here.

So the starter pack,, no remote,,, what does this mean??

Basically you will be limited to only making some settings changes.

And also you will NOT be able to perform future Xp Deus version downloads.

So what can a person who purchases starter pack do to work around the things they cannot do if they infact buy the starter pack.

If a person with starter pack,, can find someone with a Deus remote,,. Their remote can be paired with your coil,,, and some programs can be stored in your coil via using their remote.

After these program uploads,, a user with starter pack will have full access to them,,,but again only certain settings changes can be made.

I also should point out,, persons with starter pack,,, if you select a factory program while using,, and say make a setting change--- this change can't be saved via headphone module--- so no program settings can be saved-- will revert to default as soon as headphone module is powered down. This doesn't apply to programs you indeed upload in the empty slots using a remote. Now the settings you make to loaded programs,,, they will revert to original saved program settings when the module is powered down.

Just to give you some of the key settings adjustments a starter pack user won't be allowed to make,. Silencer, reactivity,, there are more,,, but these alone are very important when using detector in the field.

Another option would be for a starter pack owner,, to get their coil uploaded with some more useful programs -- would be to send your coil to a possesser of a remote.

I know some folks budgets are what they are,, but I would encourage anyone purchasing a Deus to get the package with remote.

Now,,, I will ask this question here,,, has anyone ask a dealer if a prospective buyer can buy the Deus rod, coil, and remote,,.without the wireless headphones?

This would be the way to go,, granted a person would have to use wired phones,, but this wouldn't be a big problem.

I hope my explanation helps.

Cheers.

So I don't sell anyone short.

Here is what you have access to via wireless headphone module.

Factory program number selection
Remember some of the slots will be blank--- due to no upload

Disc
Sensitivity
Ground balance-- only manual-- no tracking or pumping like you would have with remote

Frequency
Number of tones,, to include pitch and full tones

Sound volume

Coil selection-- in case you have more than one coil

So you can see from above,,,you won't have access to the following,, remote purchase allows the following settings changes

Notch
Tone break setting
Tone freq setting
Reactivity
Silencer
Ground notch
Iron vol adjustment
Auto ground tracking
Pumping GB option
Vdi normalization option
Xy screen option
Update version option,, or downgrade version option
Tx power setting
Freq shift
Overload setting

I think this is most of what you miss with wireless headphone use ONLY

Even though Retail prices are close adding remote later I would suggest starting with the wired phones and adding wireless phones later if on a budget.

I'd be happy to give you pricing all packages.

Doing quick numbers Starter first then adding remote is $200 more than buying entire package from the start. Wired first then adding wireless phones is about $100 more than buying entire package from the start.

I see most people getting the starter after they already have a full package. They get the starter for a different coil but then essentially have two full machines with the full control of one remote.

Yup

Howdy....not sure if anyone answered yet....but I was indeed able to buy with remote and wired phones. I did not have to buy the wireless phones. Im not really into using phones so I was thankful I could opt out.

Good luck. I really like the Deus.

Ron

I see AZwip,,
I have been looking at a few dealer sites,, I see where this is possible.

Good deal,, will let folks into Deus world and save a few bucks.

Roger that

Roger that - yup, saved me a few bucks and got me exactly what I wanted... the remote is just plain fun, lol.

Thanks again for all your help etc...

Good luck to OP with the purchase etc, enjoy! I'm having a ball with mine, lol.

Ron F.
---------

You can save programs using the headphones only. That is ,factoryprograms you have altered using the limited number of setting changes on the remote. For example if you like Deus Fast but want to change it to 12khz with full tones and a manual ground balance of 80. Then you just save the changes in an open slot

Back
Top Bottom