• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Blisstool Shaft Fix

gdzag

Forum Supporter
I had the shaft of my Blisstool crack... I used Gray 3/4' PVC Pipe, a Heat Gun, and some Gorilla Glue Epoxy to fix mine and it worked very well.
I used a Miter Saw (any saw will do) to cut a 2.5" length of the 3/4" PVC Pipe, cleaned both parts of the broken Blisstool shaft. I then heated half of the 2.5" PVC Pipe and carefully pushed the broken end of the shaft half way in to the softened PVC Pipe. I then ran it under cold water to lock it onto the shaft... and boy does it lock when cooled! Use the Heat Gun to dry and soften the other end of the gray PVC Pipe and carefully insert the Coil Attachment end of the shaft in to the softened PVC pipe.... MAKE SURE THAT YOU ALIGN THE COIL MOUNT PIECE CORRECTLY SO THAT YOUR COIL WILL BE HORIZONTAL TO THE GROUND WHEN FINISHED! Pinch the ends of soft PVC Pipe on the sides to really secure the Coil Mount (as seen in the last two photos). You then mix a good amount of epoxy to fill-in the gaps on either of the pinched sides of the Coil Mount... standing the newly fixed shaft on it's end till the epoxy cures.
Check out the pictures:

Attachments

• Broken Blisstool shaft.jpg
    Broken Blisstool shaft.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 425
  • Broken Blisstool Shaft3.jpg
    Broken Blisstool Shaft3.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 416
  • Broken Blisstool shaft 2.jpg
    Broken Blisstool shaft 2.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 496
  • Broken Blisstool shaft FIXED.jpg
    Broken Blisstool shaft FIXED.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 415
  • Broken Blisstool shaft FIXED 2.jpg
    Broken Blisstool shaft FIXED 2.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 409
Last edited:
Blisstool Shaft fix...

Paint with Mar-Hyde Black Satin Automotive Trim Coating when done:

Attachments

• Broken Blisstool Shaft FIXED and Painted(1).jpg
    Broken Blisstool Shaft FIXED and Painted(1).jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 391
  • Broken Blisstool Shaft FIXED and Painted(2).jpg
    Broken Blisstool Shaft FIXED and Painted(2).jpg
    20 KB · Views: 381
Update on broken Blisstool shaft

Derek Asklar @ Blisstool USA sent me two new lower shafts for my Blisstool V3 free of charge some months back... I just let him know. He's a great guy.

Maybe I should look at mine a little closer.

Nice repair btw.

Thank you. I really like using PVC pipe. It has so much potential to fashion into detecting accessories. It really did work well in the Blisstool's shaft repair... that was on my V3... stepped up to the V6 without any shaft issues at all... seems that there was a issue with air pockets in some of the early V3 shafts... making them susceptible to failure. Derek Asklar @ Blisstool USA took care of me quickly when it snapped again with free replacement parts. The replacement shaft worked flawlessly.

Back
Top Bottom