• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Garrette Ace 350 Brand New AWESOME CONTEST

MyrtleBeachGuy

Elite Member
I wanted to say i was sorry to the few members that played the contest , it has been closed because mod's had to constantly delete jokes that may have been either dirty or offensive , not my fault ... I Tried to make it fun .

I am flying to Canada today , and will be back on soon with a better contest that i need to think of that will follow all guidelines and not get out of hand .

Meanwhile if you wish to post a contest idea here that would be a great help .

Again i am sorry for all those who played the joke contest please forgive me as i did not know it would get out of hand with offensive jokes .

Thank you all in advance !

I wanted to say i was sorry to the few members that played the contest , it has been closed because mod's had to constantly delete jokes that may have been either dirty or offensive , not my fault ... I Tried to make it fun .

I am flying to Canada today , and will be back on soon with a better contest that i need to think of that will follow all guidelines and not get out of hand .

Meanwhile if you wish to post a contest idea here that would be a great help .

Again i am sorry for all those who played the joke contest please forgive me as i did not know it would get out of hand with offensive jokes .

Thank you all in advance !

aww and I had a great clean joke! Thanks for trying though!

Mbg,

Your contests are awesome !

Can't wait to see what you come up with next:)

I think it would be great if we can see who can do the most meaningful good deed. Pay the bill for a single mother, volunteer at a soup kitchen or anything that touches the life of another in a positive way.
It just seems like a win win and may be something that keeps on going after the contest is over.

Only problem with the good deed idea, not that its bad, is that anyone can say anything and people could be tripping all over themselves to top the other persons story/deed.

Personally I like the idea of something random,something anyone has a chance at, obviously for my own selfish reasons lol since I know my finds won't top anyone's if it comes down to that being the case of the contest. Maybe it could be a contest on who comes up with the best contest idea!

I liked the last contest because we were able to scour the web for the best jokes. Anyone can do it, and the harder you work at it, the better your chances. I think the next contest should be something similar... Maybe finding/writing the best metal detecting related story. Same voting process, one entry per day, first to 100 points wins...

Or..
Something similar.

Forum buddies

How about a contest which lasts 30 days.
Whoever gets the most pictures (of themselves) with other forum members wins?
What a great way to meet other detectorists:yes:

How about a contest which lasts 30 days.
Whoever gets the most pictures (of themselves) with other forum members wins?
What a great way to meet other detectorists:yes:

I don't. Not that many around me and I can't afford to travel all over.

I think it would be great if we can see who can do the most meaningful good deed. Pay the bill for a single mother, volunteer at a soup kitchen or anything that touches the life of another in a positive way.
It just seems like a win win and may be something that keeps on going after the contest is over.

I agree with you choppadude , im all over your idea loving it ... but you how things work on the internet some people can tell half lies and the other half just not the truth .:gaah:

Only problem with the good deed idea, not that its bad, is that anyone can say anything and people could be tripping all over themselves to top the other persons story/deed.

Personally I like the idea of something random,something anyone has a chance at, obviously for my own selfish reasons lol since I know my finds won't top anyone's if it comes down to that being the case of the contest. Maybe it could be a contest on who comes up with the best contest idea!

Thanks for the joke contest attempt. I too was really enjoying some of those jokes. I understand the mods decision.

Here's a possible idea: how about a Scavenger Hunt of Sorts? The trick is to list a bunch of items/places that each user must take a pic of their own personal MD in front of. Then of those that submit chose a random winner?

example;

Take a Pic of Your MD Near=

1) a local park sign
2) a dog
3) a body of water
4) next to a pop tab
5) a fresh dug plug of grass

etc....

Thanks for the joke contest attempt. I too was really enjoying some of those jokes. I understand the mods decision.

Here's a possible idea: how about a Scavenger Hunt of Sorts? The trick is to list a bunch of items/places that each user must take a pic of their own personal MD in front of. Then of those that submit chose a random winner?

example;

Take a Pic of Your MD Near=

1) a local park sign
2) a dog
3) a body of water
4) next to a pop tab
5) a fresh dug plug of grass

etc....
Brilliant. This would be a lot of fun.

I have a great idea that everyone can play.

This is how it goes:

The contest will take some time.

Every day at (let's say 1:00 pm--time can be negotiable) there will be words random generated using a scrabble generator.

The letters will be different every day. But it has to do with coins.

For this example, I did PNDQAEIOU for penny, nickel, dime, quarter, and then the vowels, AEIOU.
Screenshot2013-08-11at40100PM_zpsb4241db8.png

But, for the next day, it could be something like FMDFAEIOU (friendly metal detecting forum and then the vowels)

The contest host will click generate, and he will choose 4 words generated out of the hundreds it generates.

He will then post the 4 he chose, in DEFINITIONS. He will also give the letters he chose. The contest players will try to guess the 4 words he gave the definitions of, and for every word they guess, is 5 points.

The contest ends when the first person hits 100 points.

( words generator: http://www.word-grabber.com/scrabble-helper )

How about most entertaining sentence that uses every letter of the alphabet? A bit subjective, but could produce some very clever responses.

Back
Top Bottom