First Jewelry Ever and more to come 2017!

SKMKSMetalHead

Forum Supporter
So I had about a 45 min hunt today across the street from my house! It was a nice temp outside low 40s... detected the last 3 days other days BRR below 15 degrees outside. I wasn't expecting much of anything but clad...a lil strip of grass along the road! To my surprise the third plug gave this heart pendant! I expect it was some lil girls play jewelry as it's not silver... That's ok I'm happy with it and also my 5 year old 7 year old girls thought it was AMAZING!!!! I feel there will be plenty more to come. I love this hobby!! 14 cents clad the costume pendant random trash and smiles on my kids faces...priceless!!! Happy hunting gang! An ya never know what your gonna pull out of the ground!!!!

MetalHead

Attachments

• IMG_1708.jpg
    IMG_1708.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,110
  • IMG_1707.jpg
    IMG_1707.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 556
Thank you spring needs to come soon!!! Good luck to you as well! Hopefully the wife lets me escape ALOT to detect lol! Purchasing a Garrett At pro waterproof detector soon for her and I to use! Mabey I can give her the bug(metal detecting addiction) then its a matter of honey let's go hunt! Another obstacle how to pawn off the 4 kids at grandmas!?!

MetalHead

One of the things that I really appreciate about the hobby is the fact that you will never dig another one of those "double heart" charms again. You found a one of a kind item. It's unique and you will remember it for years to come.

You may find something similar, but I doubt you will ever dig a duplicate to that one. That's what I like about the hobby.

HDD

Ahhh this is very true! I couldn't agree more! It's probably akin with winning the lottery highly unlikely to dig another. This has me thinking though how many folks have actually dug a duplicate charm token or jewelry. No not two earrings out of the same hole or close by. No not a coin or anything like that! Hmm need to start a thread with that question lol!!

Thats a trophy find on account of your kids will remember Dad for a long time!

On the subject of identicals...Its strange when it happens...A few years back I found two silver rings that were exactly identical on the same day about 3 miles apart...one was in a totlot, the other along side a parking lot...

Whats really strange is sometimes a guy goes out and finds multiple butterfly jewelry, some days its keys...Sometimes, which is Super cool, here on the forum, two different hunters find the exact same seldom seen item on the same day 100's or 1000's of miles apart! Like an old token or a chinese cash coin or something out of the usual....I dont know what to attribute this too...
Mud

Hey Mud!! That is just too cool.... It's like bam all the stars align the planets the dots connect lol.... It's almost sureal when that happens! Anything is possible huh? The day I find the same pieces and at that miles apart, I'll surely buy a lottery ticket!! Ya with the kids my oldest daughter loves my treasures years ago before my first detector got stollen I was able to get out for about 50+ hours.... She loved Daddy bringing home every piece of trash and espiceally the cool coins old tootsie cars etc couple of IH penny's 3 Tokens two silver! Anyhow for months she would run around with her toy purse and pick up every odd and end thing you can imagine!! Daddy look this and that.. We would share our treasures hehe! So my daughter found a barber dime before I found one metal detecting literal on top of a pile of dirt I just dug putting in a new patio!! Eyeball find! I assume either the age of my town I'll eventually dig one probably many! That one is in a Mylar case for her when she's older!! Surely my oldest will be out detecting with me in no time!!

MetalHead

Last edited:
Congrats MetalHead! Got a lot of happy smiles in that pic. Glad to see your doing some digging.

Thanks bud and it's been to long! My kids suck up a lot of time wifey kids family is everything! I'm gonna try to have an army of diggers lol! If I can get He wife onboard the kids will be easy...then we can spend time together and swing! I was hoping for a new Metal Deector years ago 😩! It is nice to be back in the swing of things finally!! Hope life is treating you well sir! I still work at menards in SA if you ever come though again your welcome to drop by and say Hi!!

MetalHead

Back
Top Bottom