First detector

Noreaster37

Northern NY(The real one: Canadian Border)
Ive been bitten by the bug and I'm interested in purchasing the Garrett at pro package deal as my first detector to join my local club. I have looked at the main sites suggested by club members, but can't decide if kellyco's free Vulcan 360 or BBH has the better deal with the lesche digger and free shipping. Help....Any advice would be greatly appreciated as they are listed at the same price. Thanks

Ive been bitten by the bug and I'm interested in purchasing the Garrett at pro package deal as my first detector to join my local club. I have looked at the main sites suggested by club members, but can't decide if kellyco's free Vulcan 360 or BBH has the better deal with the lesche digger and free shipping. Help....Any advice would be greatly appreciated as they are listed at the same price. Thanks

Forum sponsors can get you a better deal than ANYTHING you have seen advertised. They will chime in here soon. Trustworthy (as their reputation here depends on it), saves you money, they donate to keep the forum running, and give great service/help since they are involved in the hobby as well! Great guys!

As other members suggested sponsors are offering great deals, but my question centers around priority of other associated items. When you first started what did you buy and wish you hadn't or what didn't you buy and wish you had?

Other than detector, you'll need a digger. I have a White's digger but many of us use lesche's of some sort. You should get a pinpointer, I recommend the Garrett AT Pro pinpointer because its sensitivity helps retrieve targets very fast. That's the only tools I use 99% of the time to detect.

I also got a BH pinpointer free with my detector purchase. It was disappointing for me. Chasing tiny pants rivets around in a pile of dirt with a pinpointer that only detects 1/2 inch away from the tip, becomes frustrating and time consuming. I have chased several around in the dirt for 10 minutes each, and when one eluded me for 20 minutes that was it! Bought the Garrett Carrot and the most time I've spent getting a target has now been maybe 30 seconds. Majority can be grabbed within 3 seconds now.

Last edited:
To make your initial detecting experiences waaaaay better, get a digger and a pin pointer from the start.

AT-Pro Great Detector

I feel you cant go wrong with the AT-Pro
check out Glens finds from one year of detecting with the AT-Pro

http://www.metaldetectors.com/blog/satisfied-customer-becomes-detecting-buddy

any questions give me a call
dennis

Shot ya a private message last night. .holler if we can help!

Site sponsors came thru with a deal I couldn't say no to. Thanks again!!!!

Cool! Just holler when you have questions...although just a word of advice...take it nice and easy and think about things before you holler, figure them out on your own if you can, solve your own problems or at least garnish enough data so we can assist.....this is more of a mental game than anything...It takes pulling 1000 targets before you even know what to ask..so get out there and pull 1000 targets!..
Mud

If

you don't need a fresh water waterproof to 10 foot machine, I would buy a F75 for 599.00 , deeper, a way bigger ID screen, better tones, better machine for less, Earl

Back
Top Bottom