Teknetics T2 Classic on the way any tips?

choppadude

Forum Supporter
Well I needed another detector like a hole in the head BUT I won a %50 off coupon for First Texas Products in a drawing at the JGD Spring hunt. I have always heard that the original T2 was a relic monster and also heard the reissue was a big hit. I called FTP and seem the T2 Classic was on sale for $499 so with shipping and my coupon deduction I will have a new T2 in my arsenal for $260. I also cashed in some Amazon E cards I recieved as reconition at work and bought another Lesche and Pro Pointer AT. My plan is to leave all this in my truck for those occasions when I say" Man, I wish I had a detector with me!"
All in all, been a pretty good week!

From what I've seen and read in the manuals it's pretty similar to the F75, I'd run it about the same, I know the VDI's and slightly different but I generally run my F75 wide open, and would do the same for the T2.

I can run wide open,no emi.Its said after 50 disc the machine is deeper,I read alot of posts that said that.I run mine at 51 disc,usually 85 sens,3 tone..it fast that's for sure.Id is good on coins,tones are boss .It hits about 8 to 9 inches depth good.I think you'll like it,has 7 frequency shift,to find quite setting,just push red button in and move trigger forward or back to change frequency.

All Metal Mode is the way to go.

More iron disc notches than a AT Pro. Loves gold rings. Hunted against a T2 for years. Not so much a coin magnet, seemed to like relics better.

Well I needed another detector like a hole in the head BUT I won a %50 off coupon for First Texas Products in a drawing at the JGD Spring hunt. I have always heard that the original T2 was a relic monster and also heard the reissue was a big hit. I called FTP and seem the T2 Classic was on sale for $499 so with shipping and my coupon deduction I will have a new T2 in my arsenal for $260. I also cashed in some Amazon E cards I recieved as reconition at work and bought another Lesche and Pro Pointer AT. My plan is to leave all this in my truck for those occasions when I say" Man, I wish I had a detector with me!"

It took me a bit to find this choppadude but I recently stumbled across this post from a T2 thread and found it to be useful for understanding the T2 -

"Emi issues are over blown. People that never use them will tell you all about the emi "problem". The thing about the t2 is if you encounter i site with emi you have frequency shift to try first. You should by able to find a frequency that helps. Next thing would be disc. Disc works different on the t2 from other detectors. I believe the bottom number is 10 from 10 down is a boost in gain, so 10 to 50 is lower gain and will help quiet it down. 51 and up boost is in high gain again. The last thing would be sensitivity, you don't have to crank it. The t2 has plenty of depth down to 60. I personally don't mind running it hot, it seems like they are hotter than most other detectors and can be ran up to being unstable or backed down and still be better than most. If you can't tell i think they are one of the best detectors you can buy."

I hope this helps somewhat - its also explained to me why so many have had emi issues with the T2 and simply not bothered to learn the machine, but rather, move it on -;)

Deep sensitive detector... its got a very good program so you don't dig bottle caps.. they will beep in one direction but null in the other... thing that turned me off about it is it chatters and is susceptible to EMI from overhead power lines...

Whew, 50% off, ok, thought you had developed a great addiction of not only hunting but collecting.

My question for you guys with multiple high end detectors, is why? When you feel you have the best and pick your favorite, wouldn't you hunt with it always and sell the rest?

Ok well maybe I don't want anyone to answer that. Maybe it would convince me to buy an E-Trac. But I think I would sell the third one.

Whew, 50% off, ok, thought you had developed a great addiction of not only hunting but collecting.

My question for you guys with multiple high end detectors, is why? When you feel you have the best and pick your favorite, wouldn't you hunt with it always and sell the rest?

Ok well maybe I don't want anyone to answer that. Maybe it would convince me to buy an E-Trac. But I think I would sell the third one.

I have a V3i, F75, and E-trac. They all have their plus sides. I use the E-trac for deep silver in parks, I use the F75 for relics, and the V3i is good for all around detecting, and when I'm not sure about a site it works well due to its custom-ability. Sometimes I like having the big bright display and ID of the V3i, other times I like the light weight and speed of the F75, and other times the depth and simplicity of the E-trac. All of my detectors get about the same usage. :D

I have a V3i, F75, and E-trac. They all have their plus sides. I use the E-trac for deep silver in parks, I use the F75 for relics, and the V3i is good for all around detecting, and when I'm not sure about a site it works well due to its custom-ability. Sometimes I like having the big bright display and ID of the V3i, other times I like the light weight and speed of the F75, and other times the depth and simplicity of the E-trac. All of my detectors get about the same usage. :D

I guess, it would be like firearms for hunting, but in this hobby I feel , I'm hunting for the same game every time I go out, so I never grab my ATPro, I always grab my V3i, after a little over a year with the Whites, the only reason I even kept the ATPRo is so one of my kids can use it if they want to come on long, (happened twice last year).

I hate it when this question comes up, it makes me think about WHY. I must admit, it is an obsession with me. To me, detectors are tools and I LOVE tools!
I am a auto/motorcycle mechanic by trade. and if you do not have the latest diagnostic equipment for todays vehicles, then you are at a disadvantage. Can you still fix the vehicle? probably, but it will take longer and have more steps that you are using. I have approx $35K in automotive tools and although I do not use every tool for every ocassion there are times when you just need "That" tool to get the job done. Some of my tools may sit in the cabinet for a year or more without getting used BUT when I need to do a cyl. leak down test, I have the tool to do it.
Same with detectors for me. I love to coinshoot, to me the E Trac and the the CTX 3030 are the best coin machines out there. The E Trac is great for fair weather hunting but the CTX will keep you swinging on those rainy days and if you have done your homework, you can take it right into the water. My other machines will find coins but just not as well as the Minelabs.
I Have gotten into more relic hunting in the past couple years and I have read many of the Fisher F75 reviews for relic hunting and found it to in fact to be a great machine for this type of hunting. Now when you hit one of these sites that are just saturated with iron then the F75 struggles. This is where the Deus comes in. Does an outstanding job in this enviroment and am more than pleased with the results.
Now there is a downside to having this many detectors, it takes ALOT of time to learn them all. I read manuals and books on these units like some people read a newspaper. There is always at least a couple manuals in my vehicle or lunch box and I NEVER turn down an opportunity to go out and swing.
I always say that I will never get rid of my E Trac but the truth is I have only used it a couple times in the last couple hunts but it is bought and paid for and is there when I decide to use it.
I have a plan for the T2. It will be my "Truck" detector. It will sit in my truck with a digger and pin pointer and when I see a spot I want to detect, then I can. If I am out of town and see a "perfect spot" I can just hop out and swing the coil.

I guess, it would be like firearms for hunting, but in this hobby I feel , I'm hunting for the same game every time I go out, so I never grab my ATPro, I always grab my V3i, after a little over a year with the Whites, the only reason I even kept the ATPRo is so one of my kids can use it if they want to come on long, (happened twice last year).

Not only does the game change (coins, relics, jewelry, gold, meteorites, etc.) but locations and soils change. In some areas my single freq. F75 might be deeper, in other areas the multi-freq on the E-trac and V3i might be deeper. The E-trac is not great for small gold jewelry while the V3i and F75 are much better at finding it, yet the E-trac will find deeper silver coins in most cases. A lot of factors determine which detector I use and at many sites some will do significantly better even though they are all high end models. The only time I can see having a single detector is if I hunted the same targets at the same locations all the time, for instance if I hunted the same beaches everyday, I my only have one detector since the factors never change.....though I'd still probably own a few. :D

CDude,

Thanks I guess, I wish u and coil2soil would have been less convincing and have a less effective answer so I wouldn't start rationalizing the spending of more dollars to increase my inventory :D

Back
Top Bottom