Need suggestions for first metal detector

2 9v batteries (fisher f2 / coinmaster) vs 4aa batteries (ace 250)

I'm partial to the 250

Same here..

I found great things with my 250.. I know a guy that runs a NEL coil on one and finds stuff just as deep as anything else out there...

<°)))>{

Try our new sponsor , ( nectar detector ) they should be wanting to compete on prices . HH

My first detector was a magnet wired to a golf club stick.

Get the kind that takes batterys and has a round coil lol.

Several factors should guide your choice of detectors. A $100.00 gift card is not going to get you much. But price is usually the one that effects me most. How much do I have to spend. Buying new toys is always a mixture of should I or shouldn't I's?

Your type of hunt will also decide your equipment. You have two basic hunts like coin shooting or relic hunts. But you can also gold nugget hunt or hunt for meteorites. But since your new, lets just say your gonna hunt for hunt sake. So any detector will work.

The next suggestion requires how well you understand how detectors work. Some detectors are just beep and dig, and some come with a Visual Interface that gives info about a target usually by a bar graph or number equivalent. This is about options and there is many options out there.

Detectors run in packs like dogs. Certain levels of detectors run in about the same price range. Some makers are very proud of their detectors if you have been pricing. But you probably have heard some very good advice on here already on which one to get.

I would like to think in this day and age a sticky post with my suggestions be placed right where any one looking at buying a detector could find them. The only thing I left out is the pink detectors, yes there is pink detectors and that is another difference you will find out there. Some of this stuff is real easy to figure out and you would know if you needed a pick detector lol.

If I had all the knowledge I do now, and all the money I ever spent on the hobby. I would buy a Etrac, and every other top of line digging tool I could find. Good equipment equals more finds as you dig your holes and find the target faster.

But I started out with a Bounty Hunter and I am glad I did. I may not still be in the hobby if I had not. Only way to get a Bounty Hunter at your price is to get a 40% off coupon for Hobby Lobby. But with that you dont get to choose a vendor. Vendor could have in store special, information about a product, and just a real person to talk to about your purchase.

You can find a good vendor through the site Sponsors tab, under "List all sponsors" tap at the top right of this page. That is not going to help you with your coupon, but the vendors have wiggle room and in the long run you will be better off buying new and buying from a sponsor here. Good Luck.

No customer service from Amazon

Hello, Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I am brand new to this hobby, I have not yet purchased any metal detecting equipment. I am currently in college full time so my budget is limited. I have a $100 gift card to Amazon that I could use for the purchase. I was wondering what is better buying new or used? I have a budget of around $200m but would like to spend less then that. I was thinking about detecting beach's and would like something that is capable of detecting underwater. I am open to any and all advice you could give me. Thanks!

Have any questions
call dennis

http://www.metaldetectors.com/metaldetectors

Back
Top Bottom