Hmmm my budget has just expanded...

DoubleD

So now I pretty much have a budget of 2 grand :p. Got a job that is going to pay me considerably more!!! No with like 100x more choices I dunno what to pick. The CTX is peaking my interest very much, I would buy used and get a couple of coils to go with it. I like that it is basically go ANYWHERE!! Is it really worth the money?

Or would I be better to get like a Etrak and like a excal/ or a PI machine (the beaches I plan on hunting are pretty trashy though)?

Depends on whether or not you'll actually venture into the water or not, and if so how far? I wouldn't dive with a CTX, but wading out to neck deep and all land hunting it would be my pick.

I understand your predicament as I'm in the same spot. Pretty sure I'll be adding it to my arsenal. :rolleyes:

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

Depends on whether or not you'll actually venture into the water or not, and if so how far? I wouldn't dive with a CTX, but wading out to neck deep and all land hunting it would be my pick.

For now I will just be going waist/chest deep max but mostly wet sand. I know alot of people don't like the bells and whistles.... I think I will though, Like the GPS, the trace pinpoint seems really sweet aswell :yes:.

I am inland but wan't a very versatile detector to go anywhere with and this seems like it is the best choice. If I do any diving I a will buy a PI detector but summer is a ways of so for now Im going to be land/wet sand detecting. I am relatively new but would rather go ahead and drop some cash and learn a good machine than have to relearn every time I upgrade.

Wow just went to Bart's sight and watched videos just a word of advice don't g watch them unless you have the money to get the CTX.I wished I never ventured over there now.i may have to sale a few things : )

You should strap a brick to your arm before buying the ctx, just to make sure your ready for it!

So I have been doing some research and it seems there is alot of chatter with the CTX on wet sand... but I still think that I would love the machine where I am and where I normally search (trashy areas, in red clay). So this and test it out on the wet sand If I don't like it decide on a excal, sov gt, or a PI for my beach excursions.

So I have been doing some research and it seems there is alot of chatter with the CTX on wet sand... but I still think that I would love the machine where I am and where I normally search (trashy areas, in red clay). So this and test it out on the wet sand If I don't like it decide on a excal, sov gt, or a PI for my beach excursions.

If you don't end up getting the CTX, the Sovereign is the one for dry/wet sand, the Exal if you're planning on getting wet. A PI on a trashy beach will drive you nuts...hope you're young and strong! :D

Wow just went to Bart's sight and watched videos just a word of advice don't g watch them unless you have the money to get the CTX.I wished I never ventured over there now.i may have to sale a few things : )

HA HA! Evan does a great job explaining and using the CTX. I gotta give it up to him!

Back
Top Bottom