Okay, now what????????

garyo1954

UPS delivered the Fisher F2, but it don't look like the metal detector I ordered in the online picture. :laughing:

DSCN6409.jpg

How to assemble your F2 may be another chapter for Digger27's book.......errrr....thread.

Must be having pulltab withdrawal syndrome, I'm excited about getting outside now!

Thanks for all the advice!

HH,

G

Your gonna have a ball with that thing. Please post your first finds. Looks like you take awesome pics. If you have a yard thats the best place to begin.

Good luck with that!!! You will have a blast!!! If you haven't bought one yet, a propointer should be next on your list... Have fun and again make sure to post your first find no matter how big or small...

First thing go on here and read everything Digger27 has written about the F2, if you havent' already done so.

Be sure to try the sniper coil (the hockey puck looking coil). Just sweep slow and overlap your sweeps. Discrimanate Iron and dig every signal. You'll do just fine!

Remember the batteries are tight fitting when you first place them in the battery box. Be sure to place them correctly or your 'F2 will not operate correctly. The + faces the edge of the box so it should go + - - +

Do not force them in, or you'll break the tabs off, and be sure any replacement battery is the same height. Some of the cheaper batteries can be a smidge taller and will not fit.

Copper Top alkalines work best.

Be sure you wrap your coil wire up along the shaft tight, but not to tight, if you get my drift. Adjust the shaft where you feel comfortable swinging the coil an ince or two off the ground. Just brush the grass slowly, about 4 seconds for each sweep. You don't want to be bent over while sweeping, you'll never last. ;)

Go on you-tube and watch the all of the MD video's. :lol:

Now that you have the F2, go out and buy yourself a nice set of headphones w/volumn control so you'll save on battery life, and be able to hear those weaker signals.

DIG all pull-tabs, because they may turn out to be gold. Most nickels ring in at 33 on the F2.

Buy a Garrett Pro-pointer. You'll never leave home without it. The Fisher pointer is okay, but it only works within 1-3" from your find. :p

Also get a Lesche digging tool for those plugs.

Hope this helps!!

Good Luck and Happy Hunting

First thing go on here and read everything Digger27 has written about the F2, if you havent' already done so.

Be sure to try the sniper coil (the hockey puck looking coil). Just sweep slow and overlap your sweeps. Discrimanate Iron and dig every signal. You'll do just fine!

Remember the batteries are tight fitting when you first place them in the battery box. Be sure to place them correctly or your 'F2 will not operate correctly. The + faces the edge of the box so it should go + - - +

Do not force them in, or you'll break the tabs off, and be sure any replacement battery is the same height. Some of the cheaper batteries can be a smidge taller and will not fit.

Copper Top alkalines work best.

Hey tin when we gonna do a hunt over my way?

Be sure you wrap your coil wire up along the shaft tight, but not to tight, if you get my drift. Adjust the shaft where you feel comfortable swinging the coil an ince or two off the ground. Just brush the grass slowly, about 4 seconds for each sweep. You don't want to be bent over while sweeping, you'll never last. ;)

Go on you-tube and watch the all of the MD video's. :lol:

Now that you have the F2, go out and buy yourself a nice set of headphones w/volumn control so you'll save on battery life, and be able to hear those weaker signals.

DIG all pull-tabs, because they may turn out to be gold. Most nickels ring in at 33 on the F2.

Buy a Garrett Pro-pointer. You'll never leave home without it. The Fisher pointer is okay, but it only works within 1-3" from your find. :p

Also get a Lesche digging tool for those plugs.

Hope this helps!!

Good Luck and Happy Hunting

Hey tin when we gonna do a hunt over my way?

I would also buy the Tenergy recharge 9volt batteries been using for 2 years now and they work great plus I save lots of money on that portion of the hobby

The F2 is a breeze to put together. I have probably done close to 15. Just be extra careful with the battery cover as mentioned earlier.:grin:
Good luck and HH!

UPS delivered the Fisher F2, but it don't look like the metal detector I ordered in the online picture. :laughing:

View attachment 192078

How to assemble your F2 may be another chapter for Digger27's book.......errrr....thread.

Must be having pulltab withdrawal syndrome, I'm excited about getting outside now!

Thanks for all the advice!

HH,

G

Awesome machine! Looks like you might want to upgrade you digging tool though.

View attachment 192078

G

Here ya go...
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=116326

Just be careful with those battery clips so you don't break them off.
They loosen up a bit after time so that should not be a problem anymore.

Also nowadays I am recommending all the newbies start out with the sniper coil while you learn the basics instead of the larger coils.
Way less confusing signals, multiple and "ghosts", and EMI seems to bother it a bit less.
A little less depth than the bigger coils, but man did I find some great stuff using this setup from the end of June through November including a bunch of silver and gold.
This is my favorite coil on the F2 out of all 3 concentric sizes that I own.

Post # 366 is where I started to show what I found after finally mounting it, then just read on from there to see the rest.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=53930&page=10

Congrats! Nothing like a new 'tector. Bart is right. You'l break that digger in minutes (especially in the cold). The F2 is a perfect starter machine though! HH

yea that digger will make the wrist hurt for sure. Been there done that. Go ahead and order a leashe digging tool. Thank me later.

Back
Top Bottom