Which for the Beach: Omega or ATP?

Diggum

Elite Member
I'm going to be near some SoCal beaches next weekend, and hope to make the trek to one of them. I don't yet have a good beach machine, so am limited to my Omega 8000 (with stock concentric) and my AT Pro (stock big coil and small coil). Which of those would you seasoned veterans recommend swinging?

I plan to be all over (in the dry, wet, and up to knees in the surf).

Neither for the wet or surf... single frequency will not cut it especially if you have black sand... stay in the dry.

Since there's a chance you CAN fall in the water the AT.

You'll be handicapped to only 4-5 inches in the wet sand. I've run the Omega on a wet salt beach before...lower the gb to somewhere in the 40's, leave the sens maxed and dig solid targets that break thru the chatter...

Thanks, so far, guys! I know I'll be handicapped in the wet, but I still want to give it a go. Hoping I can hear something through any chatter/noise that the salt and black sand may cause.

More opinions are welcomed! I don't have enough info to make up my mind, yet...

Hey Jon, don't worry about which machine, just get down here & I will share the CTX with you.....it will be a awesome hunt, I use it all the time so I have no problem letting you try your hand at the waves with it.
Cliff

I hunt all over the saltwater beach with the AT Pro. Depth is limited in the wet.

Ground Balance in the water and move onto the sand. About a foot of water so the coil stays submerged while Ground Balancing. If that doesn't help you will need to GB while moving from and to the water line. I hunt along the beach staying the same distance up from the water then move inland a little Re-Ground Balance again and retuen the same direction, hunting that new distance from the water. You can sometimes see when the sand changes and you need to GB again.

Back
Top Bottom