Record Hunt and Interesting Observations!

Weird how sometimes a single days conditions can make all the difference. Congrats on the finds and your new record. That’s awesome!

Thanks a million Jason,and a HUGE congrats your way for going up and over the century mark!(I mean silvers:lol:) At 85(silver coins) I'm hoping to break 100 for the first time. I promise to go to ridiculous lengths to achieve this,so the forum might want to collect bail money...:grin:

No electro magnetic interference ?
Sweet . Now that I think of it . I was out for an hour or so and things were nice and calm here also. I told myself I was going to slow down and with the heat that was not hard to do . Paid off some keepers . Not 6 like you but for the amount of time spent I was happy.
Make you wonder how much of it is industrial emi or atmospheric . You know every tom dick and hary had the air on so power lines were humming .
Could cell phones and the fact that most were indoors have an affect . Just wonder sometimes . I know an approaching electrical storm will raise hell sometines . Other times not . This is interesting .
Congrats on the killer day Kev .

It WAS sweet Brad,if every day was like that?....we would not appreciate the effort that it really does take to hunt deep old coins. I don't like anything given to me,usually. If I only KNEW for sure WHY it happened,then I could plan accordingly for a hunt. But I don't think it's gonna be quite that easy...nothing ever is!

Congrats man I havent had a day like that in a couple years... Nice job !

Thanks a bunch Cellr. You know how it is....one day you can't find nothing,the next day it's jumping into your pocket. I wasnt really expecting THIS but I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth. BTW...what the hell does that mean?:lol:

Nice! Gotta love those days and good information

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot! Did you know if I try to abbreviate your user name I come up with "Brain"? I don't know what it means but it must be good! And...I'm not sure there's a connection with EMI and dry ground,but I'm all for testing it out again pronto!;)

Dude! When you can jingle around a few silver coins in your hand at the end of a hunt? Well, that’s awesome to say the least!

Congrats!

Jingling silver...a person just cannot argue with that. It's a great feeling to be successful on a day when I didn't think it was going to be that way! You just never know...until you GO!
Thanks CDog!

Nice hunt!
It sure is dry out there. I'm in Northeast Ohio and the dirt that I was digging in yesterday reminded me of talcum powder. I think there's better target separation when the ground is this dry.

Thanks Pball...you may have found just that with that Merc you came up with. I can't say because I don't know but I go by RESULTS. I'm not worried too much about the science because the data isn't there,I can only look at the end result.
Keep digging up that yard with the eTrac,it'll be interesting to see what it produces after other machines have looked...

I've experienced similar, a few times water hunting, pretty far away from any manmade interface, beyond towers and satellites...

Sunny machine running its usual chatty, hitting targets normal or less than optimal...

Sun sets....

Zen.... No chattiness, targets hitting like dump trucks...

Like a different machine almost... I attribute it to solar flares and such...

<°)))>{

I can't come up with anything else right now Ice,unless the ZEN just coincides with a certain time of day....all 3 that I can remember the sun was just setting. What does it mean? Incomplete data so I don't know...wish I did!
Thanks!:grin:

Congrats on a new Silver Record Kevin and a Dime trifecta to boot. Wish i could have shared this hunt with you. I still have not got out since before Labor Day. Lots of long hours and no days off. Money is good but the sanity is in question. Will give you a call. Trapper

Uh..Trapper...if we shared that hunt you'd be going home with 6 silver coins and I'd be trying to shine my corroded coppers...:lol:
Seriously,thanks! I can't imagine how HOT it is in that place you work,you deserve a long break more than anyone I know. Just FYI....I'm riding along at 85 now sooooo....that should give you inspiration. Or perspiration....:lol:
We will get together soon,I'm headed your way this coming weekend if you'll be free at all.

Thanks a million Jason,and a HUGE congrats your way for going up and over the century mark!(I mean silvers:lol:) At 85(silver coins) I'm hoping to break 100 for the first time. I promise to go to ridiculous lengths to achieve this,so the forum might want to collect bail money...:grin:

You got it easy with 3 months of the year left.

Before you draw a conclusion that the reason for the lack of EMI is dry ground, consider that whatever was in the area just got "turned off."

I have a soccer field that has a power grid line that runs underneath the sideline. It's wicked tough to detect in, in anything other than 2 bars of sensitivity. One trip last winter, the electrical interference was just OFF. It remained that way for about 3 days. I don't know what was going on, if things had been shut down at the school for the winter break, or what.... but it was fantastic.

Not having EMI may not be related to the ground conditions at all. In fact, with moist ground, you may have ended up finding Draped bust dollars at 15"...

The message here is that correlation is not causation.

Careful!

Skippy

Hey Skippy...I replied to you last so that I can clarify that I wasn't trying to correlate the EMI with dry ground. Even though it MIGHT be correlated,I'm not going to say it is because I don't KNOW that through any data other than machine stability and the number of coins found. Historically,detectorists have said that they get the best performance with at least a certain amount of moisture in the soil. A lot of those observations were made with single frequency machines I'm sure. Operating the CTX,I thought it was worth mentioning that the ground was very dry,yet I managed very good depth on every target I dug. So does that debunk the "moist soil is better theory"? Not necessarily,it just means that I was able to find deep coins in those conditions. The EMI started as a side note and then the more I thought about it,it became the primary focus of my thoughts on that one hunt. COULD it be that EMI hurts performance more than we know? Even EMI that WE as operators don't even notice? I suppose. COULD it be that because the soil was dry perhaps the EMI that would normally be running through my site WASNT,allowing the stability the machine needed to operate at its best? Dunno.
Anyway...I cannot say that the dry ground or lack of EMI are related,other than the results. As always,YMMV....

Looks like you had a stellar day! I know I'd be happy finding all those great finds! I've made great finds at great depth is soil as dry as dust. I've had crappy detecting days when the soil was moist too.

Looks like you had a stellar day! I know I'd be happy finding all those great finds! I've made great finds at great depth is soil as dry as dust. I've had crappy detecting days when the soil was moist too.

...And this leads me to believe that soil moisture content,although it may make a difference,is not an "end all be all". The composition of the ground itself(excluding man made junk) and EMI in ANY form are my front runners for being the culprits when a bad day is encountered. Of course,the site has to have a history of having what you're looking for as well...to some degree at least.
Agreed Tony,I've had success and failure in both wet and dry ground.

Thanks a lot! Did you know if I try to abbreviate your user name I come up with "Brain"? I don't know what it means but it must be good! And...I'm not sure there's a connection with EMI and dry ground,but I'm all for testing it out again pronto!;)

Dont abbreviate mine, it might be offensive to some NecT... :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom