Multi IQ technology

tnparkhunter

I'm not even sure this would be possible but I was wondering is this digital filtering technologies could be used on other minelab detectors that upgrade via usb. I could see myself using the multi iq tech on my ctx where iron is abundant and speed is a factor. I am sure minelab would not do this though because it would eat into equinox sales.

What about paying for a multi iq upgrade. Would you if the price was right?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

... upgrade via usb. ....

Every detector that I've ever heard of is a fixed platform ability. The only exception that I recall was one that George Payne designed, that allowed for module additions to up-grade.

I'm not even sure this would be possible but I was wondering is this digital filtering technologies could be used on other minelab detectors that upgrade via usb. I could see myself using the multi iq tech on my ctx where iron is abundant and speed is a factor. I am sure minelab would not do this though because it would eat into equinox sales.

What about paying for a multi iq upgrade. Would you if the price was right?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

A youtube vid of a Polish guy interviewing the Minelab guy and going through the program set ups was informative...Some tend to think the amazing speed of the OX is only available while running one certain freq at a time......which makes sense, the processor can only handle so much info....that one speed demo looked pretty much like how a single freq with fast recovery and multitones behaves...It sure is one interesting rig though, learning more and more about it...I'd like to try one for quick broom work on Sportsfield clad...

A youtube vid of a Polish guy interviewing the Minelab guy and going through the program set ups was informative...Some tend to think the amazing speed of the OX is only available while running one certain freq at a time......which makes sense, the processor can only handle so much info....that one speed demo looked pretty much like how a single freq with fast recovery and multitones behaves...It sure is one interesting rig though, learning more and more about it...I'd like to try one for quick broom work on Sportsfield clad...

That could explain the depths in the video. Single frequency of 5 understandably goes the deepest

Having being retired from R&D in RF design, I worked with high end analyzers,,,IQ interpolation and modulation for data was a daily experience.

Nuff of that. This Wiki link might relate to what Minelab is engineering has touched. I thought about that from using a Whites 3 frequency V3i. The V3i has a polar display it's signal. It looks somewhat possible that the detecting designers have used it in this IQ label.

There are surely bigger eggheads than I who can possibly say if there's a relationship. Just thought I would show the link.

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/4805/en/

Having being retired from R&D in RF design, I worked with high end analyzers,,,IQ interpolation and modulation for data was a daily experience.

Nuff of that. This Wiki link might relate to what Minelab is engineering has touched. I thought about that from using a Whites 3 frequency V3i. The V3i has a polar display it's signal. It looks somewhat possible that the detecting designers have used it in this IQ label.

There are surely bigger eggheads than I who can possibly say if there's a relationship. Just thought I would show the link.

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/4805/en/

Martin,

While much of that is over my head (WAAY too long since I've done any of that math involved), I really, really do think you might be onto something here...

IF you indeed are "onto something," though, there HAS to be a Minelab patent out there that discusses this, I would think -- assuming that using the I/Q idea (representing amplitude and phase of a sine wave in a Cartesian, as opposed to a Polar, coordinate system) is a "new way" of doing things with respect to detector design, a "new technology," as Minelab calls it...

Hmm...

Steve

Back
Top Bottom