Anyone else do "Green Screen" videos and/or photos ?

GKL

Forum Supporter
With how the weather has made it hard to hunt much in recent months between high heat and humidity and rain in between I needed an additional side hobby so I bought a 9 foot by 13 foot "green screen" from Walmart.com https://www.walmart.com/ip/Loadstone-Studio-Photo-Video-Photography-Studio-9x13ft-Green-Fabricated-Chromakey-Backdrop-Background-Screen-WMLS1532/185148054 for just $19.99 and made an inexpensive frame using PVC pipes.

Also I found some excellent (free) software online to put together green screen videos and/or still photos, it is called OBS Studio https://obsproject.com/ and it is completely free "open source" software and works really good. I just started using that software about 2 days ago and while I am still fine tuning my skills I think the video below turned out fairly well considering I just started doing green screen stuff about a week ago :lol: (free software I tried before finding OBS Studio didn't work that good for green screen)

Here is one of my videos as a beginning "green screener", I am actually swinging my detector in a room inside my own home :lol:

Not that it would be a regular income, but it has crossed my mind about occasionally making a little side cash from green screening, one example I saw online was where someone took a photo of a newlywed or engaged couple and made it look like they were in another location like on a tropical beach, of course you could use any location they wanted like in front of the Eiffel tower or standing alongside famous people and so on. :lol:

I'm new at this and I'm still fine-tuning my skills, but it is surprisingly easy once you get the basics down, and there are a lot of YouTube "how to" videos to help with green screen basics as well as learning the OBS Studio software, and there are also lots of free photo and video backgrounds online or you can use background photos and videos you take yourself.

Edit to add: No fancy camera needed, I just use my smart phone camera and download the green screen videos/photos to my computer.

Last edited:
:laughing::laughing: Very creative!

Thanks, it's a new side hobby I can do indoors when the weather is too hot/humid or raining outside.

I have more fun ideas I'll see about trying later, like making it look like I shrunk to about a foot tall, or grew to about 25 feet tall, also could insert myself into a short clip of old movie or tv show like an old western, star trek, or even look like I'm the weather forecaster on my local tv channel :lol:

There are many possible ideas, those are just a few.

I saw one someone else did that made it look like they were in a short scene from the "Back to the Future" movie.

Hey, maybe one using a detector in an old western :lol:

Back
Top Bottom