Afternoon silvers, 41 & 42

jwp1964

Forum Supporter
I still have the worst headache I've ever had, but couldn't pass on our awesome weather. Was awake until 5am this morning before headache subsided enough to sleep. Got up at noon and had a text from JD about door knocking. Headache was/is back, but I could be miserable at home enjoy the weather so I had lunch and headed out about 230. Hit a public spot on the way for an hour and came away with silver #41, 1943 GW, and a wheat.

Met JD at a town 45 minute drive away and we got a two for the one door knock after a little scouting.

JD got off to a fast start with a couple of Buffs and wheats while I was collecting clad dimes. After a couple wheats I called my shot with silver #42, a Merc in absolutely amazing condition.
I also picked up a Zach Taylor Presidential token.

JD also picked up a Rosie to go with his Buffs and wheats.

Still sitting here with tears in my eyes yet again from this headache. If still hurting in the AM heading into ER. It's freaking brutal.

4489d1f52f44bc48d376cab30b7d5188.jpg

a68324973eac11649cfa4bd3276f8f0a.jpg

12e6a1ff56a03d409357d2947a428e46.jpg

91bc4332863c8a9b76487d6eaa1304ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Congrats on the nice silvers.

Sorry you're having headache troubles, had a bad one myself yesterday. Every time the weather changes I get hit with them, sometimes mild but sometimes they put me down for a day or even two. Docs don't know what they are but think sinus/migrane. I stopped even going to try to figure it out and now just knock myself out with a couple shots of moonshine and sleep them away. The bad part of that is I lose whole days from them. Headaches stink.

Afternoon silvers, 41 & 42

Congrats on the nice silvers.

Sorry you're having headache troubles, had a bad one myself yesterday. Every time the weather changes I get hit with them, sometimes mild but sometimes they put me down for a day or even two. Docs don't know what they are but think sinus/migrane. I stopped even going to try to figure it out and now just knock myself out with a couple shots of moonshine and sleep them away. The bad part of that is I lose whole days from them. Headaches stink.

Thanks BBsGal. Been getting longer in duration lately

Last edited:
Well congrats on the silver! As for tge headaches, have you checked really good for ticks? Sounds like the symptoms my buddy was describing when he contracted the Lyme. Hope everything turns out okay, happy hunting!

Congrats on the GW, Merc and the rest...nice digs and hope the headache subsides soon.

Thanks Captain. A real treat for me to get more than one silver on a hunt.

Well congrats on the silver! As for tge headaches, have you checked really good for ticks? Sounds like the symptoms my buddy was describing when he contracted the Lyme. Hope everything turns out okay, happy hunting!

Thanks cd! Sitting up at 150am with yet another headache so bad it woke me up. May have to get checked out for Lyme disease. Removed plenty of ticks over the years. Especially between 2010-2015 when I was guiding at and managing a hunting lodge.

At least I got some sleep tonight. Previous 2 nights almost none. This headache !!!! for days is getting old and not fun at all.

Congrats on a great hunt! Sorry to hear about the headaches, I get similar ones that can last for days. Sometimes it's allergies (sinuses) and taking Claritan D helps with those. Hope it ends for you soon.

Maybe Lyme disease. I had it twice now and the headaches were insane. Sinus infection is another good possibility. I get them every other year or so.

Congrats on a great hunt! Sorry to hear about the headaches, I get similar ones that can last for days. Sometimes it's allergies (sinuses) and taking Claritan D helps with those. Hope it ends for you soon.

Thanks Ron. This is by far the longest duration headache ever. Must be sinuses because changed sides and now right eye feels like it is going to explode outa my head.

Maybe Lyme disease. I had it twice now and the headaches were insane. Sinus infection is another good possibility. I get them every other year or so.

Thanks flyguy. I've tried every sinus decongestant known to man and it can't touch this stuff. Maybe an antibiotic?

Back
Top Bottom