Trade Token, huge Great Seal & $10.17 clad haul

jwp1964

Forum Supporter
Yesterday didn't go as planned. Drove 2 hours to a town in SE KY I wanted to check out. Arrived about 11 and hit local chicken place for the best fried chicken gizzards I have ever had, and I've had a lot. After I tried a couple door knocks and no answers. Headed to a local school and hit oldest trees I saw. First target was 8" deep trade token under a root.

Picked up a couple old belt buckles and the Great Seal Hat Badge (I think hat badge given the size). In that spot I found 20 or so deep shotgun headstamps.

About this time I wanted to door knock again, but got an unbelievable headache. Smiling and enthusiasm were done so the door knocking was out. Traded out the Deus for the Omega and picked up some gas money from newer looking section of the school, $10.17. Puts my clad total close to $200 FTY.

Anybody that thinks they can decipher back of the token please let me know. Looks like FSC to me???!

9ef00b0de1395d564a07212911ba8a80.jpg

a8d4d695e252da60a80e4a9aa4a98d83.jpg

91b8fc988c227fe92906e672c800ef93.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice hunt. Whats the story on the object just to the left of the token?? I found a button today with almost identical design. (I still need to post it)

Great finds! Love that trade token.

Thanks RRF. The back on this one is unique.

Nice hunt. Whats the story on the object just to the left of the token?? I found a button today with almost identical design. (I still need to post it)

Great Seal. US military. Mine is likely a hat badge. Your button could range from preWWI to current.

Looks like a great day to me , congrats! Hope your feeling better! HH!

Thanks cd.

Very nice finds!

Thanks CW. Have you been out lately?

Congrats on the trade token, clad haul, relics and the rest...nice digging!

Thanks Captain. Got some shiny today!

Great token you found there! It's too bad the ground isn't nicer with those old aluminum ones......still a lot of meat on the bone though.

From what I read on another post, the initials are for the company that made the trade token--they made tokens for all kinds of businesses. If that is correct, (and the writer sounded convincing), then your token is just one of their generic tokens, that wasn't personalized--it might be a sample token that the token manufacturer sent out to businesses.

Great token you found there! It's too bad the ground isn't nicer with those old aluminum ones......still a lot of meat on the bone though.

Thanks TP. I enjoy finding tokens.

From what I read on another post, the initials are for the company that made the trade token--they made tokens for all kinds of businesses. If that is correct, (and the writer sounded convincing), then your token is just one of their generic tokens, that wasn't personalized--it might be a sample token that the token manufacturer sent out to businesses.

Thanks for the info CJ!

Looks like a good day to me. Gas money is always a plus. Hope you are feeling better. And thanks for sharing.

Thanks Crackdaddy. I'm not one to pass up clad, lol.

Thanks Jam. First one I found like it.

Back
Top Bottom