Dirtchurch - Merc, Rosie, Reale...

Captain Silver

Elite Member
Went down to Nail Park this morning for a hunt with the Dirt Lizard, my first time out since digging a Large Cent back on Monday. I've done well at this place the last several times there, and today was more of the same for me and the Ex II...I dug some scrap, nails with coins, $1.04 in clad, 4 wheats, half of a colonial buckle and silvers #101, #102 and #103... a 1918 D Merc, 1962 D Rosie and a 1780 1 Reale... the hole was punched with a square nail...very cool The buckle was about 5" deep and the Reale down about 7" in the middle of the trashy park...and both were 'dig me' signals. Bob unfortunately took the silver skunk again with the MXT Pro, but probably would have got the Rosie had his coil gone over it...I told him here's one...and had him listen with his machine before I dug it, he agreed it sounded good but didn't think it was silver, while I was sure it was:yes: The next time I hunt with Bob I think he'll have a different detector...that's all for this outing, thanks for the looks and see you after the next. Happy Hunting to all!

Wow! 1780 silver in a public park. Ridiculous! Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your off to a great start Bruce as you start chasing the 2nd century mark. I'd love to dig a Reale just not many this far west in the country. Congrats! Trapper

Great hunt Bruce it just wasn't my day. Congrads on the reale

Bob, don't even think about buying another machine :laughing:

Bruce, sweet digs man. You need to run that setup at my girls school. I bet it would dominate in the iron.

Thanks for the replies guys! This was the 3rd piece of Spanish silver that I've found while hunting in a park...almost anything can be found in a old park:yes:

Back
Top Bottom