UPS delivery

When UPS lays out a new route one of their managers runs the route to determine how much can be done in a days work. then they add 10% to the work load and the drivers have to make the deliveries within the work day.

At my house they are usually here between 5 and 7 p,.

My grandson works for UPS and they drive their people Hard.

Only hard working people need apply.

KT has a suggestion...when you feel this way...slowly count to 10, taking deep slow breaths, close you eyes and think about your favorite things....
If you do not like those ideas, then get your pistol, jump in your vehicle and go "hunting" your poor UPS person! :laughing::laughing: that's a joke folks!

KT has frequent visits at the Castle by the brown truck. The fellow is always in a rush...just because he has a heavy load and everyone who is expecting a delivery that day (they all think there item is the most important thing he has to deliver that day!) is waiting, some more patiently and some less.

Those guys and gals work hard for their money. And a computerized route is set up for them at the base office...they do not just get in the truck and figure it out!
That computerized route is a good thing because I am out in the sticks and it is a cell phone dead zone to boot. I blame the Amish neighbors for that, Amish church elders set up cell phone jamming device to keep the herd on the straight and narrow: that is a joke.
But I am the only person on the block who has electricity and its a seasonal limited road, meaning, it may or may not get plowed during the winter,so dress warm and wear boots in case you have to walk a ways to get where you are going. One other thing depressing, Amish don't wear jewelry. leathermans multi function tools, horse shoes, horse shoe nails and iron bits that fall off the buggys, keep a tubeless tire kit and mini air compressor in your vehicle.....:laughing:

Track

The package next time, worked 33 years for UPS, if it says OUT For Delivery, it's on the truck, or a split car, depending how heavy the route is for the day, the supervisor makes a decision to pull stops off a route, and give packages to a split car driver, the way most routes are set up , business & next day air delivery in the morning , than mixed in some residential stops , than business Pick Ups 2-4pm , than delivery of all the rest of the residential stops after 4pm, than head in, during peak season , they can keep you on the road till 9 pm , most routes the driver doesn't miss any stops for the day, he calls for help, if none arrives , only than there is a chance he will miss stops, most of the year it doesn't happen, as far as when you will receive your package , usually never in the morning unless air packages , between 12- 2pm, or after 4pm is when it usually comes . Unless a slit driver has your package usually they make all residential deliveries and can deliver at any time, happy hunting Earl The pick is my set of doubles Rt 301 Virginia before i retired :D

Attachments

• 0804091653    UPS MY Doubles 301- I 95 split 2010.jpg
    0804091653 UPS MY Doubles 301- I 95 split 2010.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 59
The package next time, worked 33 years for UPS, if it says OUT For Delivery, it's on the truck, or a split car, depending how heavy the route is for the day, the supervisor makes a decision to pull stops off a route, and give packages to a split car driver, the way most routes are set up , business & next day air delivery in the morning , than mixed in some residential stops , than business Pick Ups 2-4pm , than delivery of all the rest of the residential stops after 4pm, than head in, during peak season , they can keep you on the road till 9 pm , most routes the driver doesn't miss any stops for the day, he calls for help, if none arrives , only than there is a chance he will miss stops, most of the year it doesn't happen, as far as when you will receive your package , usually never in the morning unless air packages , between 12- 2pm, or after 4pm is when it usually comes . Unless a slit driver has your package usually they make all residential deliveries and can deliver at any time, happy hunting Earl The pick is my set of doubles Rt 301 Virginia before i retired :D

Good to know Earl, Thanks for sharing and everyone else who contributed. I think I am done buying for quite a while except for the HF coils.....

Back
Top Bottom