Punxsutawney Phil

What? 6 more weeks of Winter? I'll be a Gobblers Knob Corn Cobbin Hob Goblin!

I like Woodchucks, Whistlepigs, Groundhogs, Marmots!...They are the Perfect size and fairly easy to catch! Their hide is really thick on the back, and supple on the sides, makes for a PERFECT moccasin! Really! Plus, they are fantastically good to eat! Especially if they live along a soybean or alfalfa field...

Back in the 70's, as a young boy, I hunted them with my bow, and also learned how to snare, practicing up on them with all sorts of methods of wild game procurement...

Some folks like to shoot them for sport, from a distance, with a .220 Swift or a .22-250..or something similar, but a guy can actually get right up on them and kill them with an arrow, or a club even, if they venture too far from their burrow of an early morning or evening...they taught us a lot about stalking and snaring and killing things...

Like I said, they are of the Perfect size! A guy can process them easily into jerky, stew, hams and steaks! Feed a whole family of Humanoids with a medium sized one! On the Daily! Use their hide for all sorts of important things, open season and no license required!...So yeah, I dont get this Phil thingy hubbubbery?...'Hogs cannot tell the weather, but they are prepared for it none the less...

What? 6 more weeks of Winter? I'll be a Gobblers Knob Corn Cobbin Hob Goblin!

I like Woodchucks, Whistlepigs, Groundhogs, Marmots!...They are the Perfect size and fairly easy to catch! Their hide is really thick on the back, and supple on the sides, makes for a PERFECT moccasin! Really! Plus, they are fantastically good to eat! Especially if they live along a soybean or alfalfa field...

Back in the 70's, as a young boy, I hunted them with my bow, and also learned how to snare, practicing up on them with all sorts of methods of wild game procurement...

Some folks like to shoot them for sport, from a distance, with a .220 Swift or a .22-250..or something similar, but a guy can actually get right up on them and kill them with an arrow, or a club even, if they venture too far from their burrow of an early morning or evening...they taught us a lot about stalking and snaring and killing things...

Like I said, they are of the Perfect size! A guy can process them easily into jerky, stew, hams and steaks! Feed a whole family of Humanoids with a medium sized one! On the Daily! Use their hide for all sorts of important things, open season and no license required!...So yeah, I dont get this Phil thingy hubbubbery?...'Hogs cannot tell the weather, but they are prepared for it none the less...

In Pennsylvania where Phil is from, License required! And you can't shoot them on Sunday.
I was told the meat is awful? Never thought of keeping the fur.
We just get rid of them around here, major nuisance on the farm!

Apparently Phil has not heard of Global Warming ! Time for him to retire !
HH. :lol:

Dang marmot!! :madmad:
I've already drove out to new areas to inspect :pullhair:
that I've researched, I'm so anxious to start swinging the coil.
:frustrated: 6 more weeks?:foottap:
:timer: last year my first day was feb 27th

Last edited:
In Pennsylvania where Phil is from, License required! And you can't shoot them on Sunday.
I was told the meat is awful? Never thought of keeping the fur.
We just get rid of them around here, major nuisance on the farm!

Dude..telling you! 'hogs are where its at! You need to keep a few around!..Super excellent crisp red meat! Like Elk, only smaller with no big deal on the license!! Renting pack mules Or blowing a bugle! Perfect hide, easy to catch..like a friggin BK supersized Whopper basket at the drive through! And, You get moccasins along with it even!

Chucks are about the cheapest, most abundant, and easiest wild game food out there in NA!...EBT aside of course...

:laughing::laughing::laughing:
groundhogdetect.jpg

A mosquito hawk flew inside the house yesterday with me when I opened the front door coming home from work. I actually paused and thought, oh man - this is bad. We just got out of January and already the mosquito hawks are out? If we don't get colder weather soon, it's going to be one unbearably hot summer!

Dang marmot!! :madmad:
I've already drove out to new to new areas to inspect :pullhair:
that I've researched, I'm so anxious to start swinging the coil.
:frustrated: 6 more weeks?:foottap:
:timer: last year my first day was feb 27th

Ahhh, he's only right 39% of the time. My luck he'll be right this year. Where'd I put that .222 with the 10 power anyways? :rifle:

We used to had an old lady lived around here some time back,,,her winter predictions were made public via television news here locally.

She didn't have a Phil on which to make her predictions.

She based hers it seems on the thickness of corn husk,,,how high off the ground hornets nets were being built,,,and some other things,,I can't remember.

Back in the 70s she was spot on most of the time.

I don't know what happened to her,,,she was very old,,,and I guess over time,,,she watched nature and linked winter(how severe or how mild) to these things.

Back
Top Bottom