Civic Organization

Milhaus

Elite Member
I can't believe this never occurred to me before. MDing clubs have consistently demonstrated results in working with cities to preserve MDing access.

Why in the world would we not go to the next level and create a network of civic organizations? Civil organizations, like Lions, Masons, Elks, even the VFW have earned lots of respect in doing well by doing good.

We already clear trash and hazards out of public land like it's our job, why aren't we branding all of the good deeds that we do under one umbrella??

We already have national organizations, but a national organization cannot monitor what's happening in every town in America. However, a network of civil organization chapters can.

MDers would have a much different experience trying to work with cities to negotiate MDing access if the involved at the city already know about successes in other cities, something that one-off efforts could never provide.

I'm just trying to seed the idea your minds, we already have the needed springboards in place... It's just a matter of making that first push, and have a toolkit that people and clubs in other areas can use to start their own chapters.

If I wasn't working more than full time, have family, and in night school with tons of homework I would be all over this...

Try to imagine a charity fundraising push advertised locally all over the country.
That's how this kind of thing gets done.

Back
Top Bottom