Historic property

WildDigger

Elite Member
I have been offered to hunt a private residence in Atlanta. My only concern is the neighborhood and part are listed in the Historic registry. I can not find any info on detecting there. I would think it is listed as a whole so it is a no hunting zone. Would that be right? the property is next to Grant Park in the historic neighborhood.

My guess is no but I want reassurance before I miss a great opportunity to hunt for some good relics. And he said bring some friends also.

if its private property and you have permission from the owner i'd be all over it

If the property is private, it usually -USUALLY- USUALLY means that the owners need to run it by a board if they want to do additions or renovations to the home or structure listed.

You should be fine digging in the yard.

Metal detect away, IMO. I have never seen a restriction on the yards per se, other than a tree ordinance. If you invite me, then you can tell a protester that if they want to talk to your attorney that he is over next to the oak tree diggin' for a wheatie. :laughing:

Brian

Let me know a good day for you and I will set it up with him. I can't do it next Thursday but any other day I am good. I know Sandy aka pine3874 wants to go as well.

As the others have said go for it. My mom's house here is in the historic district and I have been hunting it. I also just got permission to hunt a house across the street from hers. Life just turned good.

our entire neighborhood is on the historic registry (including my house) and it does nothing to restrict hunting.

Do it Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas style :heartylaugh:
This is a Bahama hat and cigarette holder opportunity for sure

Metal detect away, IMO. I have never seen a restriction on the yards per se, other than a tree ordinance. If you invite me, then you can tell a protester that if they want to talk to your attorney that he is over next to the oak tree diggin' for a wheatie. :laughing:

Brian

Back
Top Bottom