Greenville, SC - City Parks

Doggy Daddy

Elite Member
I've noticed some new members from around the Greenville, SC area recently. Posted below is part of the City of Greenville codes pertaining to all city property:

Sec. 26-32. - Protection of natural resources.

No person in or on a public mall, park or other public property, without consent of the city, shall dig or remove any soil, sand, rock, stones, shrubs or plants, down timber or other wood materials, or make any excavation by tool, equipment, blasting or other means or agency.

County parks and schools (after hours and weekends) are OK unless posted as some are. Please, use caution when digging and filling holes. Don't get us banned from these, too

Do you know if the areas in and around the BR Parkway or the Smoky Mountain NP allow detecting? I am near the Greenville area and am just starting to investigate MD.

Thanks Tom.

Do you know if the areas in and around the BR Parkway or the Smoky Mountain NP allow detecting? I am near the Greenville area and am just starting to investigate MD.

Thanks Tom.
That is not only no but absolutely no but prison time no.
That sucks for Greenville having that policy. They dont have it here in Chester that I could find anywhere in the rules. You may want to see what any neighboring towns policies are and, drive to hunt. Sucks but that maybe the only option.

Back
Top Bottom