Flying With Detector?

kelpike

Elite Member
I know this has been discussed a few times but my question is a little different. I do not feel comfortable packing the entire md in my checked bagage. My M6 breaks down into 3 parts. I will pack the 2 lower rods in checked baggage but can I leave the electronics and arm band attached to the upper s-rod and carry them in my carry on bag? Some posts say they won't let the rods be carried on in a bag but I'm wondering if they will even notice the rod with everything attached to it.

We just came back from the Dominican. We first flew from Pittsburgh to Philly, then to the Dominican Republic. Flew back into charlotte went through customs, then back to Pittsburgh. I carried my F2, broken down, in a carry on bag and had no problems at all. However, I called the airline and talked to someone before we went and they said to just take the batteries out of it while its in the bag.

I thought someone stated in a post here once that they leave the batteries in so they can show security what it does if questioned about it. Any thoughts on that?

I check it

I check mine in a hard sided case. If they loose or break it there is a good chance I will make more from the claim than it's worth and upgrade! I have had no problems at all in the past few years aside from them thinking I was checking a gun

Fly With My Minelab and Tesoro Machines

I actually fly all the time with my machines. Batteries in, batteries out, whatever. You do NOT want to put your Minelab GPX batteries or control box in your checked luggage! Always carry them with you. I leave my Tesoro right in the box, and just carry that as my second carry-on.

I get stopped by TSA every time I board - because they want to talk about metal detecting! :laughing: No worries Mate! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom