• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Sometimes it's the trash that matters most

CeeDee

Upon returning to my car, I discovered my muffler & tailpipe an inch off the ground. After searching for a hanger or anything else I could use to rig it up, I suddenly remembered the pieces of wire I had pulled out of the ground!
Cobbled together, they reached just far enough to suspend the muffler back into place long enough to get me home.
Oh yes, and I found this lovely 1934 Merc, along with a 1939 wheatie.
I don't think I'll ever look at the unearthed wire bits quite the same way after this. [emoji848][emoji4]
IMG_20210415_054828002.jpgIMG_20210415_054805718.jpg

Last edited:
Love those chain link fence ties. I have a pile of them myself, ring up so nice and really hate digging them up but always keep a few around since like you found out, never know how of what they will come in handy for.

Congrats on the Merc and Wheatie !!!! :thumbsup:

.......and really neat that a trash find came in handy :lol:

(I remember years ago older cars I had that I didn't want to put much into so I was using stuff like coat hanger wire to hold the muffler up and duct tape for interior patching :lol:)

Attaboy! Just last week, I used a similar handy scrap of dug copper wire for an automotive diagnostic check...and it worked. We think alike. I hope you fixed your exhaust with a proper coat hanger when you got home! :lol:

I was planning on using a coat hanger when I got back, but one of my housemates was kind enough to insist on fixing it with the proper heavy duty rubber tailpipe hanger part. (Older lady, here :-)

Nice job on finding the merc & wheat cent, and on your creative repair to get you and your car back home safely. :cool3:

Back
Top Bottom