Finally broke through

Silverhorse65

Elite Member
The weather in these parts has been good enough for detecting since early March. I've been able to get out a handful of times for about an hour each time. Just going to local parks so far, places that have been hit pretty hard in the past. Definitely onto the wheaties so far this year. I was able to break through with the first couple of silvers for the year. They're not old, but they are silver! My count last year was 19, hoping to more than double that this year. Also, love the old skeleton key, it was about 11 inches deep and very faint. Just wish it weren't so corroded. Oh well.

Attachments

• wheats and buff.jpg
    wheats and buff.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 563
  • skeleton key.jpg
    skeleton key.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 552
  • April Silver.jpg
    April Silver.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 545
My worry with either electrolysis or evaporust is that it will simply turn to dust. No experience with it, anyone with experience have thoughts? It looks awfully fragile.

Nice finds man! The parks around here are still giving up good stuff for sure!

Was able to get out earlier this evening for another hour in the same park where I picked up the one Rosie and four wheaties over the weekend. It was well worth it.

Thanks all for the wonderful words of encouragement!

Attachments

• 1907 Barber 04152021 O.jpg
    1907 Barber 04152021 O.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 270
  • 1907 Barber 04152021 R.jpg
    1907 Barber 04152021 R.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 257
Regarding electrolysis, if it isn’t falling apart now, the electrolysis probably won’t destroy it. I have done a number of items from axe heads to toys to coins and much more. You may want to dip it in melted paraffin to hopefully seal it and prevent more degradation.

Oh man i was loving the key, and then you followed up with that beautiful 1907 Barber.
Nice job man!

Congrats on the shiny, wheats and a pretty good looking Buff. The Buffalo nickel is one of my favorite finds. Unfortunately the key has seen better days but still a cool dig. I see you also added a Barber dime on a subsequent hunt, attaboy on that one as well. I hope you hit 50 silvers this year. Good luck, Mark

Thank you for the kind words all. I went back to the same park for another 2 hour hunt this morning. I'm working just one little corner of the park pretty hard and it keeps on giving. Look for my newest thread for the results from today.

Back
Top Bottom