Ctx 3030 wireless headphone options

Kurtctx3030

Hello all. I am having someone of an issue finding a wireless headphone set up for my minelab CTX 3030. My first choice was gray ghost Wireless with the module that plugs into your detector and transmits a signal to the headphones. They don’t make them anymore but I found a dealer who had a set but they were defective. My next option would be Garrett Z lynk ms-3 setup. Some people say they work great yet others say they have problems with their E track or CTX 3030. Has anybody used these with their CTX? The only other option is the deteknix Wireless. It is the same concept is the other two mentioned With the wireless transmitter plug-in to hear detector via quarter-inch headphone jack that transmits a signal to the wireless headphones. Does anyone have any experience with either the Garrett or the Deteknix?

I run the z-lynk with my E-Trac. I use some high end ear monitors. Search KZ ear monitors. They're wired ear buds with some great sound.

You don’t have the WM 10? You don’t want ANY cord on your headphones? Wi-Stream is the fastest signal transmission you’re going to get, but I’m assuming you’re just not wanting a cord involved at all?

Gotcha! I know of just one guy who has the Z-link on his CTX and he said it’s works well. Haven’t talked with him in a year or so, so I’m not sure if it has been good this whole time. How about the ML Pro Sonic system?

Oh, man... this is one I get so irate about. Was out last night and had the damn earbud ripped out of my ear a dozen times. The WM10 is the worst idea. Why would I want a cord going to my ear? It gets caught on everything, I go home with a ringing ear every trip.

I tried a bluetooth transmitter, way too much lag. Bluetooth isn't going to work if you don't want lag. My next idea is a simple non-digital transmitter. Plug a small unit into the detector and have a wireless connection between it and an earbud. I haven't started to look, prob will either not be found or it'll be $100.

I'm going to look into the z-link too.

Back
Top Bottom