• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

The ebb and flow of Gold. 2 in 4 days! Some nice silver, too!

Skippy SH13

Forum Supporter
The last four days, I've enjoyed a bit of a spree with Gold. Gotta hate that, right? I've gotten used to the idea that there is an ebb and flow of finding, but I sure do like the flow part!

Friday, I detected an elementary school on the edge of a nearby town, that I found a gold ring at, the first time I detected it, last year. This was my second trip there, and it took so long to get back, because I literally forgot where the school was. It's kind of out in the middle of nowhere, and I was overshooting Google maps... LOL

I spent 2 hours at the site, and found a total of 5 rings, all gold colored. only one of which was real gold. And squished.. badly. It's got diamonds, rubies, and amethyst, but there are two amethyst stones missing, so I'm not going to bother trying to reconstruct/fix the ring. Scrap pile it goes. it came out to just under 3.8 grams of 10K... but it's 10K plumb, so I scored there. :)

Saturday, I went back out to the nearby city and tried my luck at a different school site. Ended up with four rings, one silver, but no gold.

Monday (Yesterday), I was back out again, and in 3 hours, I gridded most of an elementary school. Both the 14K mens ring (with the x marks on it), and the sterling diamond solitaire (tested real!) came in the last 20 minutes of the hunt. I was worn out by then, but sure was excited to see something come from my efforts. I had detected the whole soccer field, and was finally working the edges (which usually get hit hard), and found the two rings on the edges. The sterling silver ring rang up dead center in the penny range... I have no idea how the gold ring was missed by other detectorists, unless they simply look at a 57 signal as trash (which... frankly, I would have, too, if I had a machine that didn't give me nuances... This was a nice ring signal, though!) Five rings this time, one gold, one silver. That's a good day. :)

It's odd to find a diamond solitaire in silver, but this is about the 3rd one in the last 5 years (over 1000 rings, though, if that gives you an idea of how rare).

The gold ring had an inscription in it, and I thought it was a name. With a name, I could get it back, right? Nope. not a name. "Love Always" Better they should have inscribed with a name...

Ah well. 5.8 grams of 14K = $188. I'll take it!

So exciting to run into gold in two hunts just a few days apart. Can hardly wait to get out again today, after dinner!

Skippy

Attachments

• IMG_0620.jpg
    IMG_0620.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_0619.jpg
    IMG_0619.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_0618.jpg
    IMG_0618.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_0636.jpg
    IMG_0636.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_0630.jpg
    IMG_0630.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_0629.jpg
    IMG_0629.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_0631.jpg
    IMG_0631.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_0632.jpg
    IMG_0632.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_0633.jpg
    IMG_0633.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_0634.jpg
    IMG_0634.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 259
Nice collection of rings - there's nothing better than finding gold!

I keep reminding myself to dig those mid tones - they're so easy to overlook.

Congrats - hope your luck continues!

Nice collection of rings - there's nothing better than finding gold!

I keep reminding myself to dig those mid tones - they're so easy to overlook.

Congrats - hope your luck continues!

I'm addicted to them. That gold ring was like digging up 9 Morgan Dollars. LOL

I’m sick, thanks Skippy. Nice haul tho, and I’m sure you have a nice pile of junk to go with those rings so I feel a little better.lol. Always enjoy seeing your finds

Well done! Looks like a jewlery store exploded on that spot a few years ago.

Back
Top Bottom