made my day...

Max houser

got to the park early today, about an hour in a man comes up and says "Man, what are you doing? I sees you here everyday" I look at him all serious and say " I'm metal detecting looking for buried pirate treasure...I know it's around here somewhere. "there ain't no treasure around here!" I said "you ain't heard of the lost Mayan gold, stolen by John Cleveland himself?...founder of this park" "he buried it here 100 years ago...look it up" I put my headphones back on and went about my way. someday my sense of humor will come back to haunt me:yes::lol:

OH man, if I were you, get out of that park cuz the ghost is going to haunt you. That is, unless you hire some ghost busters. :lol:

Love it! That poor guy is probably still home trying to research it and make sense of it all! Who knows maybe he already went out and bought a detector too!

got to the park early today, about an hour in a man comes up and says "Man, what are you doing? I sees you here everyday" I look at him all serious and say " I'm metal detecting looking for buried pirate treasure...I know it's around here somewhere. "there ain't no treasure around here!" I said "you ain't heard of the lost Mayan gold, stolen by John Cleveland himself?...founder of this park" "he buried it here 100 years ago...look it up" I put my headphones back on and went about my way. someday my sense of humor will come back to haunt me:yes::lol:

Love it! That poor guy is probably still home trying to research it and make sense of it all! Who knows maybe he already went out and bought a detector too!

:laughing: ....what would be extra funny is if that man did buy a detector, come back to that park AND actually find buried treasure :shock: :laughing:

:laughing: ....what would be extra funny is if that man did buy a detector, come back to that park AND actually find buried treasure :shock: :laughing:

Hey Max, next time you go to that park again, call some professional ghostbusters, the ABC news station, maybe a couple of FBI or MI-6. If that John ghost guy is real, I would stick to my guns. I mean that both literally and figuratively. :gunbandanna:

Funny stuff Max! :lol: Reminds me of the time I sent a new guy (greenie) on the construction crew to get a box of toenails. If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with... well, you know! GL and HH!

hey! ya had to tell him somethin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Funny stuff Max! :lol: Reminds me of the time I sent a new guy (greenie) on the construction crew to get a box of toenails. If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with... well, you know! GL and HH!

line level fluid, shingle welder, forbuson, the two head hammer...yep worked in the building remodeling business a long time... probably why I'm such a smart%#@(guy):lol:

Well, one rule of the internet is "If you can imagine it, a website for it already exists", so if he researches enough he will find supporting evidence for it.

Reminds me of all the things we sent nubs to find when they reported aboard a submarine. Relative bearing grease was a difficult one to find. As were at least a dozen other items LOL

Mine happened, yesterday with a 13-year old boy.

I was detecting alongside a skate park (which is just a MAGNET for comments), and this young man yells at me multiple times. "HEY!" "HEY!"

I finally stop, look up, push my earphones aside, and acknowledge him.

"You know, I'm sure there's a treasure chest there." and starts laughing.

I looked at him, and DONKEY BREYED laughed back. HA HA HA HA!

He stopped and immediately looked uncomfortable. (I'm certain he hadn't thought through what would happen after his 'joke,').

I looked him dead in eyes and said, 'Did you come up with that awesome joke yourself, or did you have to Google it." And made a face at him.

He turned red, and his friends were looking at him like he was a moron.

I put my headset back on and calmly said, "Dude, if you knew how much gold I've already pulled out of this park, you wouldn't be making fun of me. One thing is for sure. I'm making money, and you're not."

He left the park afterward.

Lesson learned by a teenage kid, yesterday... If you're going to make fun of someone, you'd better be prepared for their response.

If he'd have come back with anything else, I was prepared to take it to Defcon 2.

Most days, I've had pretended a chuckle and said "good one!" But this day, the "HEY!" "HEY!" got to me...

LOL

Skippy

Hey! Hit him with your shovel! Or bonk him in the head! We metal detectorists have pride in what we do, if that skateboard kid comes to me and says that, I'm saying I got a lesche digger laced with poison from the deadliest snake in the world! :lol: I was hoping you had a picture on your phone or whatever to show him those gold rings of yours, then he'll leave you alone. :yes:

Josh

P.S. I'm too busy metal detecting to be a jerk like that, glide I am too. :D

Mine happened, yesterday with a 13-year old boy.

I was detecting alongside a skate park (which is just a MAGNET for comments), and this young man yells at me multiple times. "HEY!" "HEY!"

I finally stop, look up, push my earphones aside, and acknowledge him.

"You know, I'm sure there's a treasure chest there." and starts laughing.

I looked at him, and DONKEY BREYED laughed back. HA HA HA HA!

He stopped and immediately looked uncomfortable. (I'm certain he hadn't thought through what would happen after his 'joke,').

I looked him dead in eyes and said, 'Did you come up with that awesome joke yourself, or did you have to Google it." And made a face at him.

He turned red, and his friends were looking at him like he was a moron.

I put my headset back on and calmly said, "Dude, if you knew how much gold I've already pulled out of this park, you wouldn't be making fun of me. One thing is for sure. I'm making money, and you're not."

He left the park afterward.

Lesson learned by a teenage kid, yesterday... If you're going to make fun of someone, you'd better be prepared for their response.

If he'd have come back with anything else, I was prepared to take it to Defcon 2.

Most days, I've had pretended a chuckle and said "good one!" But this day, the "HEY!" "HEY!" got to me...

LOL

Skippy

line level fluid, shingle welder, forbuson, the two head hammer...yep worked in the building remodeling business a long time... probably why I'm such a smart%#@(guy):lol:

you forgot "wall paper stretcher" was told to get one in the"tool shed" in trade school when I was 14 years old! they called me 'botch crotch" hell's afire, can't begin to understand why! was a "late bloomer" I guess! (lol)

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Back
Top Bottom