Went detecting without leaving the house

metalhound

It was too dark outside so I decided to do some hunting in the basement. I have a full basement except for 1 section about 15' x 8' dirt. For fun I hunted it and found this 5 1/4" long nail. I'm doing some research on it but thought somebody might be able to help. :?:

Attachments

• EASTER2021.jpg
    EASTER2021.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 409
It was too dark outside so I decided to do some hunting in the basement. I have a full basement except for 1 section about 15' x 8' dirt. For fun I hunted it and found this 5 1/4" long nail. I'm doing some research on it but thought somebody might be able to help. :?:

Jesus! That looks exactly like the nail the voodoo priestess stuck in a guy's heel in the movie "Spell" that I rented from Redbox just last night! What a coincidence. :blink:

I was hoping to find a metal box filled with old coins. I forgot to mention that the house across the street was built in 1663 and our house in 1911.

Ya never know. There's an old root cellar under our house (1900) that no longer has an access from inside the house. It's a pain in the butt to get to, gotta crawl through crawlspace at addition, then through an old window over a sewer pipe and into a 5 foot drop on the other side. It has a dirt floor, and the old stairs that used to go up into the kitchen are still there. One of these days, I gotta get a detector down there and give it a go!

One of my most useful machines is an old Minelab Sovereign box with a Sunray probe in place of a proper coil. With a chest mount, I have a discriminating pin pointer and headphones that's quite convenient for poking around attics and crawl spaces. I even have a few local car washes who've agreed to let me empty their car vacuum receptacles every week. I bring the mess home and spread it out in a large shallow plastic tub, then run the pinpointer thru it. It's amazing the jewelry and cash that folks drop on their floors and then suck into a vacuum. It's not uncommon to get a $20 bill in there, either.

Oh my. I thought you found a murder weapon. Who in the world makes 5-inch nails? Uh oh, the grim reaper is behind me...

You need to get over to the house across the street
Unfortunately it's been labeled an historical building and they won't let me near the property with my detector. :no:

There's a house in Jersey that was built in 1663??? Really???:?:
Yes it's called the Spy House. Google it!

Edit: I added a picture of the Spy House in the left of the photo.

Attachments

• 2-19-17a.jpg
    2-19-17a.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom