Old Garrett AT Pro and a recent Garrett AT Pro still the same one?

RNSpeed

I had always find interesting that sometimes manufacturers revised their products specially electronics thru its lifetime. Like almost all electronics component get obsoleted and replaced by new models, or simply they do some tweaks to fix a bug or enhance performance, or simply just to save manufacturing costs by using some cheaper components, etc.

I know that probably this would be a question for Garrett Engineers but it would be interesting to find if there were different revisions of electronics in the Garrett AT Pro. Since the Garrett AT Pro still being sold now a days and I have had mine since 2014 but it would be interesting to see if there are differences on its design compared to a 2021 Garrett AT Pro model.

My understanding is that no, they are not.

Someone posted recently about how they sent their old AT Pro control box in for repairs and was told he'd just be getting a new control box. However, he was also told that the new control box wouldn't work with his original coils, so they just sent him new coils with the new control box.

The above is my recollection of what the person said, so I could be slightly off.

My understanding is that no, they are not.

Someone posted recently about how they sent their old AT Pro control box in for repairs and was told he'd just be getting a new control box. However, he was also told that the new control box wouldn't work with his original coils, so they just sent him new coils with the new control box.

The above is my recollection of what the person said, so I could be slightly off.

Thanks for the interesting info! I was imagining different components but changing something else making the old control box obsolete. Totally unexpected :wow:

Its likely that the circuit does not have much of a hardware revision but parts could be obsoleted and placed with newer components (happens all the time). Components being caps,resistors,op amps nothing major like a microcontroller

So mostly the same because R & D is very expensive, changes = cost

source: I am an EE working in the electronics field

Back
Top Bottom