Any chance for an E-Trac II?

Donsell

Forum Supporter
Do you think, or have you heard, that Minelab is developing an E-Trac II? I'd love to see an E-Trac update to FBS that's built just as well as the original, is a lot faster, lighter and waterproof. A software update would be nice too, but I'm not sure it's needed. I love how the E-Trac works.

I know you could say that's the CTX 3030, but that's $1000 more.

I'd buy one if they did.

I’d love to see a updated FBS detector too. I’d definitely buy it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

me too, except I actually like how the E-trac is constructed and hope there wouldn't be too many changes, I saw first hand how light the NOX 800 was...but the quality was cut back. I like the coil cord through the shaft rather than the wrap around, the housing could be smaller, waterproof, and actually LED and bright ( my only pet peeve about the E-trac is the brightness of the screen) I love my RNB battery, and where it's located, I'm sure with today's technology they could make a smaller factory version that will run as long...I mean I don't charge that thing but once a week.

me too, except I actually like how the E-trac is constructed and hope there wouldn't be too many changes, I saw first hand how light the NOX 800 was...but the quality was cut back. I like the coil cord through the shaft rather than the wrap around, the housing could be smaller, waterproof, and actually LED and bright ( my only pet peeve about the E-trac is the brightness of the screen) I love my RNB battery, and where it's located, I'm sure with today's technology they could make a smaller factory version that will run as long...I mean I don't charge that thing but once a week.

I think the E-Trak is the best built detector that Minelab makes. Hopefully an E-Trac II would be built just as well.

I'd like to see an updated Etrac AND and updated CTX.

For the CTX, I'd love to see the following:

1) Put it on a serious diet. Smaller but more efficient battery and other weight loss improvements without sacrificing durability or quality.
2) A "turbo" mode that switches from traditional FBS to a faster Multi-IQ or even a single frequency mode. Don't know if this is even possible but it would be great! Basically two detectors in one.
3) Make the tones closer to those of the Etrac by allowing us to stretch out the variability and threshold pitch.

Keep the nice features that the current CTX already has.
*2D Target ID scale and patterns should remain the same.
*Keep the trigger style index finger pinpoint button
*Keep Target Trace
*Keep the coil cable inside the shaft. Love this design.
*Keep the color display

I know the price tag would be fairly high for a machine like this but I'd be more than happy to pay it.

We'll have to wait and see, but from what I have read on a couple of different forums Multi-IQ seems to be the path they are taking. Like a very highly upgraded Equinox would be the next treasure/hobby detector they are releasing.

I'd like to see an updated Etrac AND and updated CTX.

For the CTX, I'd love to see the following:

1) Put it on a serious diet. Smaller but more efficient battery and other weight loss improvements without sacrificing durability or quality.
2) A "turbo" mode that switches from traditional FBS to a faster Multi-IQ or even a single frequency mode. Don't know if this is even possible but it would be great! Basically two detectors in one.
3) Make the tones closer to those of the Etrac by allowing us to stretch out the variability and threshold pitch.

Keep the nice features that the current CTX already has.
*2D Target ID scale and patterns should remain the same.
*Keep the trigger style index finger pinpoint button
*Keep Target Trace
*Keep the coil cable inside the shaft. Love this design.
*Keep the color display

I know the price tag would be fairly high for a machine like this but I'd be more than happy to pay it.
X2, that would be a dream machine!

I personally think that ML knows that the Etrac is bridled due to it's slowness, even though the Etrac still has it's perch in ability for deep accurate id-ing talent. The Etrac, like the Whites V3i, just ain't fast enough, and as all legacy machines...they will never come back. jm2c

I personally think that ML knows that the Etrac is bridled due to it's slowness, even though the Etrac still has it's perch in ability for deep accurate id-ing talent. The Etrac, like the Whites V3i, just ain't fast enough, and as all legacy machines...they will never come back. jm2c

I sure hope you're wrong about that. I have several of the latest greatest lightning fast machines and still reach for my old slow CTX more often than the others. I've said it before.. There's just something special about FBS.

FBS isnt going to die, it has benefits multi iq just cant quite cover yet... I think the next obvious iteration is a machine with fbs and multi iq.

you want silver you go fbs you want gold go multi iq.

Total speculation, but I read where the Ferrous-Conductive I.D. system was compatible with Multi-IQ. Also what people fail to realize is even FBS2 is not known for being a fast recovery speed platform. Deep and fast is what people want. Multi-IQ is Minelabs answer for deep and fast. That's why you can hunt behind Etracs and CTX's with the Equinox and find stuff they couldn't hit well enough for people to dig.

I really think the next machine might have things like a color screen and have an I.D. system at least like Ferrous-Conductive if not something even more sophisticated. While totally workable people want more than the Equinox's compressed 50 segment I.D.. Minelab has stated if I'm not mistaken Multi-IQ worked in a totally different way than FBS. I guess they might combine the best of FBS and Multi-IQ if that is even possible. Regardless I am looking forward to their next offering.

Total speculation, but I read where the Ferrous-Conductive I.D. system was compatible with Multi-IQ. Also what people fail to realize is even FBS2 is not known for being a fast recovery speed platform. Deep and fast is what people want. Multi-IQ is Minelabs answer for deep and fast. That's why you can hunt behind Etracs and CTX's with the Equinox and find stuff they couldn't hit well enough for people to dig.

I really think the next machine might have things like a color screen and have an I.D. system at least like Ferrous-Conductive if not something even more sophisticated. While totally workable people want more than the Equinox's compressed 50 segment I.D.. Minelab has stated if I'm not mistaken Multi-IQ worked in a totally different way than FBS. I guess they might combine the best of FBS and Multi-IQ if that is even possible. Regardless I am looking forward to their next offering.

I bought and tried the Nox 800.. coming from the E-trac, it was way too complicated for me... I like to write my own programs, change settings by just hitting a mode button... you know old technology ...
If the E-trac II or whatever they call it is a combo of both the NOX multi IQ and FBS with both ferrous and conductive numbers that match what I know with the E-trac I may give it a go... but if it's like me being a flip phone guy trying to go to the latest smart phone.. I'll have to just continue to live in the past and take what I can get.

I bought and tried the Nox 800.. coming from the E-trac, it was way too complicated for me... I like to write my own programs, change settings by just hitting a mode button... you know old technology ...
If the E-trac II or whatever they call it is a combo of both the NOX multi IQ and FBS with both ferrous and conductive numbers that match what I know with the E-trac I may give it a go... but if it's like me being a flip phone guy trying to go to the latest smart phone.. I'll have to just continue to live in the past and take what I can get.

I'm totally the opposite. I thought the Etrac had to many adjustments that I could not grasp what they were doing or I was not able to tell they were actually doing anything. The Equinox only has, sensitivity, recovery, and iron bias that changes how the machine reacts to targets. I hunt with no discrimination horseshoe on. I don't have to or want to notch stuff out so no pattern to build. The Equinox is a very simple detector.

I said it once already..."Until an Etrac can be engineered to run twice as fast" or something in-between, and still keep it's rep for deep silver? Another Etrac developed now, built with Minelab's money, it just ain't happening.

The Equinox. If ML can engineer a new kid on the block...make it a reality to give Fe/Co on the display screen, and keep most all of the speed that the Nox has now. Just being honest, and I'll buy an Etrac if I am wrong. I simply can't see Minelab pounding on facelifting the FBS. Makes more business sense to enhance the Equinox readout with fe-co. It has to be more financially logical. R&D cost on the FBS is a deep well to dig IMO. Money, simply money.

It's going to be a hard sell to get people to move away from the inexpensive equinox unless the etrac2/ctx2 did something that much better. my ctx couldn't hit a gold chain that my $600 Equinox could.

Now I could see an upgraded equinox 1000 that costs a bit more than the 800 but has the features of the CTX. But personally, I am staying with the cheap machines that hit just as much and as deep. I don't need any features other than beep and dig on the beach.

Back
Top Bottom