Cops Called

Me too. I'm kind of shy of detecting in busy public places. I would put that aside for the right opportunity, but I much prefer a quiet country setting where people are not in each other's faces.

I'm actually a-OK with people, just as long as they don't come over and ask if I found a gold ring. It's fun talking to them though.

Me too. I'm kind of shy of detecting in busy public places. I would put that aside for the right opportunity, but I much prefer a quiet country setting where people are not in each other's faces.

You're not the only one.

For me, it's a fear of some sort of confrontation with a Karen-type...

Detecting that close to the road it would be good to wear a reflective vest for safety, a possible side benefit might be that such people might assume you are a county worker doing some project :lol: (I would not lie if asked, but if they assume such it saves everyone a hassle when you are not doing anything wrong to begin with)
Good idea. Orange safety cones around the vehicle also. My job in telecom always involved working in the roadway. We had to place a minimum of 5 cones around and behind the truck. Other drivers STILL hit cones and sometimes our company vehicle. It was so important to my company that if you were parked anywhere without wearing an orange vest or cones out, you could face suspension and be sent home unpaid.

. So when I travel I've taken to carrying a revolver instead of semiauto. Easier to unload quickly and safely. No extra parts, and doesnt look as mean. I just want a little insurance when I travel, is all. Dont need to be a commando.
It also doesn't throw evidence all over the landscape if you have to use it.

I have had the cops called on me 4 times when curb strip hunting. Never by the property owner but by a neighbor. It’s always good well for me. But one time when the officer got out of the car I saw it was a tall, very gorgeous blond female officer.

For once, the idea of being frisked wasn’t so bad.

A friend and I were detecting a wooded park in the city. When we showed up there was a van parked suspiciously tucked into the woods. When we walked by there were 2 women dancing like their arms were rubber, it was funky! Clearly, they were on some kind of drugs. My buddy called the police, we watched the whole encounter from the woods. The cops talked to them briefly and then drove away :laughing: we were more worried about them trying to drive, and harm themselves or someone else. Oh well, apparently this stuff happens ALL the time :no:

A friend of mine and his wife Nd they started wearing road vest and they say it works and now one bothers them.

I think I would say I was Undercover Surveillance and have a constitution vest on. But don’t ever say you are police. Ever now and then just stop and look around lol.

I hunt a park where they deal a lot of drugs. They always park to the back of a large parking lot. They must think that I'm an undercover cop because I hunt there so often. Every time I come around they leave.

It also doesn't throw evidence all over the landscape if you have to use it.

I would never anticipate using a firearm in a way that I'd have to hide it. I'd want to make darn sure it was self defense without question. You're going to look pretty bad if someone traces a body back to you 10 years later and you didnt say anything. Even if it was self-defense, it will be alot harder to explain that down the road.

A friend and I were detecting a wooded park in the city. When we showed up there was a van parked suspiciously tucked into the woods. When we walked by there were 2 women dancing like their arms were rubber, it was funky! Clearly, they were on some kind of drugs. My buddy called the police, we watched the whole encounter from the woods. The cops talked to them briefly and then drove away :laughing: we were more worried about them trying to drive, and harm themselves or someone else. Oh well, apparently this stuff happens ALL the time :no:
I can explain everything. Was there country music playin? :cool3:

Back
Top Bottom