2nd career bust half

randy

Forum Supporter
This is one of the nicest coins I have ever found. I rank it #2.

Hit a new site today, with an old school and some old ballfields, and I expected a 30s-40s kind of silver site.

But no silvers on the ballfields or around the school building, but the site has a large amount of fields, so I wandered them a while. Hit some old targets like an unidentifiable copper (I think it is a KG II), a shoe buckle, and some tack, and a beautiful 06-48 to 08-48 on the E-Trac in a remote corner of one of the fields, near the end of the day, and there she was.

Its one of the weird 3 varieties for that date, not sure which one, but I think the "patched 3".

I haven't found many silvers yet this year, but some of the ones I have found have been memorable.

HH everyone

Attachments

• 040621.jpg
    040621.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 515
If you're right that that's the "patched 3" variety, then that's easily a $700+ coin, eh ?

Am looking forward to some coin numismatic buffs to chime in on the ID.

That is an AWESOME shape coin. Low circulation, and the ground was kind to it. Congratz !!

I've only found one bust coin, and it was a sharp looking dime. That thing is just spectacular! I hope to find a big one someday, congrats!!!

WHAT A SAVE ! Unbelievable. Just a stellar coin and a hard one to top. You gotta stop this sh@t, you guys out east are just killin on the old silver. God bless and good luck. By the way send me your coordinates I'll be there a week from Tues. lol. Mark

WOW!! What a great find bud! I have only dug a bust half dime. That is in crazy good condition. Man if you're still on FB please post it to the Tri State page...

WOW!! What a great find bud! I have only dug a bust half dime. That is in crazy good condition. Man if you're still on FB please post it to the Tri State page...

Just dug my first bust half dime today! This post kinda took the wind outta my sails though lol.

Back
Top Bottom