AT Pro just stopped detecting? Has Power

icejunky

My AT Pro was working perfectly on Friday, go to use it today, everything turns on, can change all the settings, did a reset, changed the frequency, did ground balancing, the works, but won’t “detect” anything? Changes the batteries, put a gold ring on the ground to test, but nothing? So weird, has been working perfectly for years.
Any assistance MUCH appreciated!

Do you have a different coil or a friend with a AT coil to give it a try .. Have you checked to see if the coil cable is tight

If you removed the coil at all, check to make sure the pins are still in their places on the coil wire and module connection.

I did pull the cable coil out from the main box sort of blew on it put it back in I did that twice and still nothing but since you all are suggesting that could be the problem I will pull it out and look at it closer and make sure it’s clean and everything is plugged in properly stay tuned

I did pull the cable coil out from the main box sort of blew on it put it back in I did that twice and still nothing but since you all are suggesting that could be the problem I will pull it out and look at it closer and make sure it’s clean and everything is plugged in properly stay tuned

It's just my quickest thought as to what's going on that you could probably check/fix. On my at pro I was always nervous for those little pins on that cable

My AT Pro was working perfectly on Friday, go to use it today, everything turns on, can change all the settings, did a reset, changed the frequency, did ground balancing, the works, but won’t “detect” anything? Changes the batteries, put a gold ring on the ground to test, but nothing? So weird, has been working perfectly for years.
Any assistance MUCH appreciated!

are you using headphones or something other than the internal speaker? if so, could those be the issue and you're not hearing the sounds? this might sound silly, but if your volume got turned down somehow, you might not hear anything. (i've done that before!)
does the display show anything when you try detecting something?
if you're getting the proper response on the screen but not through the speaker or phones (no sound), then perhaps its a speaker or headphone wire.
if you pass the coil over something and don't get any results on the screen, then i'm not sure what to suggest other than contacting Garrett.
Oh... and make sure you have the sensitivity set high enough to actually pick up your targets! been there, done that too. turned it down for whatever reason and forgot to turn it back up. :cool3:

Pete

are you using headphones or something other than the internal speaker? if so, could those be the issue and you're not hearing the sounds? this might sound silly, but if your volume got turned down somehow, you might not hear anything. (i've done that before!)
does the display show anything when you try detecting something?
if you're getting the proper response on the screen but not through the speaker or phones (no sound), then perhaps its a speaker or headphone wire.
if you pass the coil over something and don't get any results on the screen, then i'm not sure what to suggest other than contacting Garrett.
Oh... and make sure you have the sensitivity set high enough to actually pick up your targets! been there, done that too. turned it down for whatever reason and forgot to turn it back up. :cool3:

Pete

Not using the headphones. We can hear all the buttons when we push them to make a adjustments, such as standard to pro mode, or adjusting frequencies, so i think the volume is ok.

Do you have a different coil or a friend with a AT coil to give it a try .. Have you checked to see if the coil cable is tight

Unfortunately no metal detecting friends with the same unit :(
I just pulled the cable, checked the pins and reinstalled and made sure it was fully seated and tight.

Still Nothing :(

UPDATE: Pulled the coil cable, both pins are intact and clean. Replaced the cable, made sure it's fully seated and screwed in tight. Turned on, makes all the beeps at start up, makes all the noises while making adjustments to the detecting settings....
Still nothing :( The screen doesn't show any notifications of metal being passed under the coil, and still no beeps at all.
I'll call Garrett and get some assistance.

THANK YOU ALL for you help and tips!

Sounds like a bad circuit inside internally then. Hopefully Garrett gets you going, be sure to let everyone know what the solution is when you get one!

Possibly a bad coil. Had that type of problem with a different brand of machine. My problem was intermittent and it took two expensive trips to the repair facility to finally get it repaired. Garrett is a good company and will treat you fairly if you send them the machine. Contact them and get a Return authorization.

Back
Top Bottom