Need advice on new Detector purchase

I just want to say thanks to everyone that recommended the Equinox. After a year of using and learning it I'll just say it's quite a capable machine.

Let me say I am a relative newb to the hobby, only got serious this past summer since I retired. I currently have an Ace 250 and mostly detect at old home sites, farms and parks. No underwater detecting. The Ace works fairly well since I now understand what its telling me and I do like it. However I would like to upgrade this winter to a machine that has better discrimination, depth and digital target ID. Looking at something $600 and less. Since I like the Garrett and am used to it would the Ace 400 be a good choice? Recommendations?

Steve
The Garrett AT Pro or AT Max might be models you should seriously consider. Although slightly higher than you may wish to spend, they are submersible. So if you're hunting on the beach in the wet sand or in shallow water, if the unit takes an accidental dunk, you don't have an expensive paper weight.

After a week of online research and forum member recommendations I pulled the trigger on an Equinox 600 from Jeff at Qualitymetaldetectors.net. Jeff gave me a great deal on the machine with free 6" coil and a military discount to boot. :gettinmoney:

Steve
Congratulations. You'll love your Equinox 600. I really like my Equinox 800. Just take your time learning the detector.
BTW , Thanks for your service. I did 20 years and retired from the US Air Force. Which branch did you serve in?

Congratulations. You'll love your Equinox 600. I really like my Equinox 800. Just take your time learning the detector.
BTW , Thanks for your service. I did 20 years and retired from the US Air Force. Which branch did you serve in?

And thank you for your service as well. Retired Army Medical First Sergeant here. I really do love the Nox after a year. Still learning it but it does well on hitting those small deep targets. Just have to trust what it's telling you.

Steve

Everyone will have an opinion about this or that. All detectors work, just some work better than others. Personally, I think dollar for dollar you made the right decision on the Nox. It is good right out of the box and gets better when you decide to tweak it for your location and finds. The bottom line is, you're happy with it and that is what really matters.

Back
Top Bottom