KT starts CRHing again!

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
Well, yesterday KT discovered that The Royal Purchase Bank had reopened its lobby to customers so His Majesty walked right in and picked up the 5 boxes of halves that had been sitting in their Vault for nearly a year, awaiting KT's return!

They were swiftly conveyed to the Castle, and the search began! The results are as follows:

Box 1 - 2 40% Ag Kens, 5 NIFCs, and 1 Pearl Harbor sticker Ken

Box 2 - 4 NIFCs

Box 3 - 35 NIFCs, 1 Vietnam War sticker Ken

Box 4 - 1 NIFC

Box 5 - 1 40% Ag Ken, 4 NIFCs

Total for the Royal Effort: 3 40% Ag Kens, 49 NIFCs, and 2 war sticker Kens!
NOTE: after checking completed rolls of NIFCs, KT only kept 31 of the NIFCs, and next week will dump the 18 not needed.

NOT a great hunt but certainly not a bust, so KT begins again the Royal CRH Efforts!

Enjoy the 2 pics below, sorry about the 2nd one, Royal camera does not like those stickers! LOL

Attachments

• CRH 03 05 2021 3 40% Ag Kens.jpg
    CRH 03 05 2021 3 40% Ag Kens.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 325
  • CRH 03 05 2021 2 war stickers on Kens.jpg
    CRH 03 05 2021 2 war stickers on Kens.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
On another note.....

KT went by the dump bank to be shed of the half dollars. An assistant manager and the security guard, a good friend, assisted KT with the dump chore, since KT was not allowed in the lobby where the machine is. When finished, they gave His Majesty the receipt for $2474.25. HA HA Got someone's quarter that was hung up in the machine. Anyway, KT signs the receipt, puts His Royal Account number on it, and drives around to the drive through to cash it. Since there were many cars in the 4 drive throughs, as soon as KT received the envelop, He headed the Chariot to the Castle. Entering the Castle, KT opens the envelop and counts the money....then He recounts it...short $100. Back to the bank His Majesty goes, with due haste. Pulls up to find an assistant bank manager coming out the door. Asks to speak to the Bank Manager. In a minute, she comes back and tells KT, the Manager is on a conference call...May I help you? So KT explains the situation. She says may I have your account card and the envelop, I will speak to the teller who waited on you.

So KT goes and sits in the Chariot. Two minutes later the assistant manager comes back out. She says, Here is your account card, then she removes the bills from the envelop, saying there is a quarter. KT said fine, count out the $74.00, which she does. Now she has a hand full of $100 bills. Starts counting. Gives me 10, then another 10, then counts 4 more. I said that is fine. She says, I had the teller count the money in the envelop in front of me. "There must have been a couple of those new $100 bills stuck together." Sorry for your trouble. KT said thank you, so long as I leave here with $2474.25, I am not concerned as to what happened.

But that nice lady does not know KT, over the years, KT has handled 1000s of 100 bills, new and used. And He has never miscounted twice in a row any stack of them. You see, KT's Father worked at a back for over 30 years, pre-computers. He taught KT many banker's tricks, including the fact that they are taught never to admit a mistake, even tho caught in one. It must always be the customer's mistake, not the banks or their employees. So KT knows what happened, when the assistant manager had the teller recount, they discovered the envelop was short 1 $100 bill, so they slipped 1 in and took care of it, not admitting a mistake...likely just a miscount by the teller.

How does KT know this? Because when He counted the bills in the envelop, He organized them so they all faced the same way and were in the same orientation side to side. When the assistant manager counted them out in front of KT, she counted the $74, all oriented the same way. Then the $100 bills...all were oriented the same way, except for the last bill, which was backwards AND upside down! .....KT notes such minor things.

KT does not mind, but a lesson learned, next time KT gets money that He cannot see counted Himself, He will sit right there in the Chariot and count it right then, no matter how much traffic is backed up. Best to do this before you drive away at any bank with any amount of cash received!! :p:p

KT discovered that in the 51 week down time, He had need of one of His Royal Half Dollar Bags to store a number of straps and rachet tie downs in the Chariot. So He was off today Harbor Freight to get a new Coin Bag! It's a beauty! So now KT is absolutely ready to get back into CRHing...cannot wait for next Thursday to get here! :kingdances::kingdances:

Very good work at detecting the shenanigans that the bank was trying to pull . I now keep a very , very close eye on all my banking transactions . Many years ago a substantial piece of my savings mysteriously " disappeared " and I could not prove it was there . The banks record's said I was mistaken .

Several years later I heard from a lady that worked there , that the Manager that was employed there at that time got let go for stealing the customers money . It had been kept quiet for years and she made me promise not to say anything about it or it would jeopardize her job .
Well , she is now a retired old lady and I don't even know if she's still alive . So now I can tell the world .Funny thing is the Bank never got a hold of me to make it right perhaps he was so good at his craft they didn't know who all he screwed .

Well enough of that .Good to see you back in the CRH saddle and nice finds Your Highness .

Very good work at detecting the shenanigans that the bank was trying to pull . I now keep a very , very close eye on all my banking transactions . Many years ago a substantial piece of my savings mysteriously " disappeared " and I could not prove it was there . The banks record's said I was mistaken .

Several years later I heard from a lady that worked there , that the Manager that was employed there at that time got let go for stealing the customers money . It had been kept quiet for years and she made me promise not to say anything about it or it would jeopardize her job .
Well , she is now a retired old lady and I don't even know if she's still alive . So now I can tell the world .Funny thing is the Bank never got a hold of me to make it right perhaps he was so good at his craft they didn't know who all he screwed .

Well enough of that .Good to see you back in the CRH saddle and nice finds Your Highness .

Interesting story, Soil Surgeon! Royal Thanks for that! That is why I had always turned in the machine slip face to face with a teller. That way when they give you the money, they count it out in front of you. They are trained to do just that...count it in front of you. If they do not, then make them! HA HA Most people are so simple as to just take an envelop with money and never check it nor even watch the teller count it, and if you do not check it in front of them, then they can simply say it was in there when you picked it up.

KT hates to say it, but given the chance, many people will cheat you a little...or a lot!

Whenever the Royal Family has any work done here on the Castle, we insist on a written agreement and it must state what work will be done, what materials will be used, and how much it will cost. You would be surprised how many small contractors will not do that. They want to be able to buy cheaper paint or materials so more profit goes in their pocket and to heck with the quality of materials being used. In general we have them make out a materials list, number of gallons of paint, etc, and we go and buy it....that way we can be certain about what they are using!:lol::lol:

What's CRHing? I have a vague recollection... ;)

Congrats on a not-a-skunk new beginning! Fill those royal coffers.

Someday I'll be allowed around people again. Being I'm "between jobs" and under 65, have a home, and I'm not a minority, I'm at the absolute bottom of the barrel for not dying. Some of that I understand how it matters, some...I do not. Maybe I'll get to CRH again by 2022.

What's CRHing? I have a vague recollection... ;)

Congrats on a not-a-skunk new beginning! Fill those royal coffers.

Someday I'll be allowed around people again. Being I'm "between jobs" and under 65, have a home, and I'm not a minority, I'm at the absolute bottom of the barrel for not dying. Some of that I understand how it matters, some...I do not. Maybe I'll get to CRH again by 2022.

Royal Thanks, TorqueMaster! It is His Majesty's sincere hope that your situation changes for the better in a short time. And that you can get back to CRHing when that happens! :yes::yes:

Your majesty, can you explain to this peasant what a NIFC is - and how you can tell if a coin is a NIFC?

Thank you

This peasant -- oh wait, I was knighted by HRH a while back -- SIR TorqueMaster shall jump in and speak for the court. :)
I posted a while back what I look for when CRHing halves:

-----
90% (silver) any half 1964 or older
40% (silver) 1965-1970
key date - some dates are rarer than others and more valuable, not sure if any halves qualify. 1970 is pretty rare.
proof - originally came in a sealed set, has mirror like background, frosted cameo portrait, S mintmark - some are silver, most aren't
NIFC -not intended for circulation - fewer coins minted - 1987 and 2002 and newer
-----

I'm not sure what 1987's deal was, but 2002+ were not widely distributed, just sold to dealers, so they are sorta rare, but not worth anything extra at this time. My dealer was giving me a buck for each 1987, so some extra value there.

This peasant -- oh wait, I was knighted by HRH a while back -- SIR TorqueMaster shall jump in and speak for the court. :)
I posted a while back what I look for when CRHing halves:

-----
90% (silver) any half 1964 or older
40% (silver) 1965-1970
key date - some dates are rarer than others and more valuable, not sure if any halves qualify. 1970 is pretty rare.
proof - originally came in a sealed set, has mirror like background, frosted cameo portrait, S mintmark - some are silver, most aren't
NIFC -not intended for circulation - fewer coins minted - 1987 and 2002 and newer
-----

I'm not sure what 1987's deal was, but 2002+ were not widely distributed, just sold to dealers, so they are sorta rare, but not worth anything extra at this time. My dealer was giving me a buck for each 1987, so some extra value there.

Only a slight Royal Correction needed to your explanation, Sir TorqueMaster!
NIFC...you are correct.. During and after 2002, the US Mint decided not to mint many half dollars due to their size, cost to make and lack of popularity. And they were sold in $1000 bags to dealers or buyers direct from the Mint, not available through banks. Now the 1987, for some reason, the US Mint made less than 3 million of them, where before and after they were making 10+ million halves. When collectors realized this, they snapped them all up! Making them a scarcer item to find during CRHing. But they were released into circulation, so they are not included in the NIFC labelling.

And some of those Proofs are 90% silver, sold out often in silver Proof sets to collectors and dealers. But you know collectors and dealers, they often break Proof sets down and sell individual coins...especially the silver sets.

And 1970 silver halves are scarcest of all silver halves as they were only minted and put out in silver sets and Proof sets, in limited numbers compared to coinage for general circulation.

Sir TorqueMaster thanks the King for His gracious clarifications.

Methinks this needs to be in Ye Royal Sticky CRH Proclamation if it is not already!

Back
Top Bottom