Whites TRX acting up

Volksman

I was out today looking for property markers for a friend and my TRX would not turn off and started playing a tune. I tried to shut it off a couple of times and it wouldn’t turn off. I laid it on the ground and finished what I was doing and then tried again and now it turned off.
Has this happened to anyone else? What does the tune mean? I haven’t been able to replicate it.

I had trouble turning it on earlier now it turns on but not off. The battery I’m using works okay in a different TRX.

TIA

I was out today looking for property markers for a friend and my TRX would not turn off and started playing a tune. I tried to shut it off a couple of times and it wouldn’t turn off. I laid it on the ground and finished what I was doing and then tried again and now it turned off.
Has this happened to anyone else? What does the tune mean? I haven’t been able to replicate it.

I had trouble turning it on earlier now it turns on but not off. The battery I’m using works okay in a different TRX.

TIA

Whites was known to put what they called
an easter egg in products. I never heard the tune in any Whites stuff myself. It was some kind of melody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You probably accidently hit up up down down left right left right A B. :laughing:

Hoping for you a fresh battery or .. does the TRX have a "master reset"? ... restores it to normal. I found this:

Attachments

• TRX_programming.jpg
    TRX_programming.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 218
You probably accidently hit up up down down left right left right A B. :laughing:

Hoping for you a fresh battery or .. does the TRX have a "master reset"? ... restores it to normal. I found this:

Thanks. If I can get it working right I’ll give the master reset a try.

I put a fresh battery in it and sometimes it will turn on, sometimes it won’t. If it does turn on the only way to turn it off is to take the battery out.

Thanks. If I can get it working right I’ll give the master reset a try.

I put a fresh battery in it and sometimes it will turn on, sometimes it won’t. If it does turn on the only way to turn it off is to take the battery out.

Sounds like maybe the button is wonky. Does the button work correctly when the unit is on -- detuning for instance? As I recall, the TRX is disassembleable to replace the shell, maybe you can open it up and diagnose / spray electronic contact cleaner on the momentary switch/ displace any dirt or moisture...? Hope its salvagable!

The TRX is very easy and safe to pull out the innards. I’d look inside to see if you somehow gotten junk inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like maybe the button is wonky. Does the button work correctly when the unit is on -- detuning for instance? As I recall, the TRX is disassembleable to replace the shell, maybe you can open it up and diagnose / spray electronic contact cleaner on the momentary switch/ displace any dirt or moisture...? Hope its salvagable!

I have had it apart and while apart put the battery in place and it comes on without pressing the on button but will not turn off when I press the button. Then sometimes i put the battery in and nothing happens and it wont turn on.

I do get a positive click when pressing the button so it could be a button contact issue. I'm surprised no one can work on these.

Whites was known to put what they called
an easter egg in products. I never heard the tune in any Whites stuff myself. It was some kind of melody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTET

Thanks, it seems like I may have heard that before.

Funily enough I just saw a video about this on YouTube and initially thought is was somebody horsing about..If genuine, the TRX plays a few bars of Money, Money Money by Abba!

I can not remember the name of the company that was doing whites repairs when they first closed the doors. There were a number of posts about that. Garrett bought what whites had left and they might be able to direct you to someone who does repairs.

Back
Top Bottom