Opinions on Pluggers two or three piece CF Shaft

Dtcjem

I am looking at the Pluggers CF staft for my Exccalibur. I am torn between the two or three piece travel shaft. Any disadvantages to the three piece?

I can’t take the standard shaft after two hunts.

Any shaft being used in the water takes a lot of torque.... the more the shafts the more the movement....and wear. So a lot will depend on how much use you get.

Unless you need it for travel why not go for 1 piece? BTW I made my own 1 piece shaft for my Sand Shark out of aluminum and I love it. I have an older model Anderson aluminium shaft on my Excal and I like it very much as well! If you opt on making one there are some videos on Youtube to guide you.

Yes

The three piece breaks down smaller for travel, also you can get an extended rear, which puts the unit further back from the cuff for better balancing, i got a custom 45 Cf plugger on my Excalibur blue 1000 with a 6 inch rear extension, the balance is great, Earl

All valid responses. Kinda thinking two piece. Really I will probably never “Travel” but want to break it down for the car.

I have both the 1 piece for everyday use and a 3 piece for traveling. I prefer the one piece. Less pieces means longer life but less flexibility. Sames with any multi purpose tool.

I would recommend the over/under shaft no matter what shaft you purchase. I have no problem with getting it in and out of my cars. It is easier to get to the detector's controls. These two features are not so with my friends behind the elbow shaft. The balance is a bit better with the behind the elbow shaft, but in the water it makes no difference. Also the headphone cable tugged more with the behind the elbow shaft as it travels further with each swing.. The split ring shaft locks on Plugger's shafts can not be beat IMO.

Great to ask questions and opinion before making an investment on an item you may not like as much as a second available item.

I’ve been running my 3 piece CF excal travel shaft for almost 4 yrs now and hunt ALOT!!! Absolutely NOTHING wrong with it .. the owner is somewhat local to me and I went to his house to save shipping. SUPER nice guy and HIGHLY organized home /garage setup.. His attention to detail really impressed me. If I had an extra thumb I’d give him 3 thumbs up.

I’ve been running my 3 piece CF excal travel shaft for almost 4 yrs now and hunt ALOT!!! Absolutely NOTHING wrong with it .. the owner is somewhat local to me and I went to his house to save shipping. SUPER nice guy and HIGHLY organized home /garage setup.. His attention to detail really impressed me. If I had an extra thumb I’d give him 3 thumbs up.

Thanks - I reached out to him this morning on a question and got an e-mail back with in 10mins....Super Impressed! Are you using an Over/Under or behind the elbow?

I currently use behind the elbow. Balances extremely well and keeps all the wires out of the way. Remote PP and quick connect fittings for coils....

Back
Top Bottom