Anyone in northeast arkansas?

I was raised up around Rector but metal detectors didn't exist as far as I know back then. What I found lots of was arrow heads out on the farm, and my aunt had rooms of mounted arrow heads, spear heads, you name it.

I plan to get back up there someday and find the spots I know which had old stores and old houses, including the one I grew up in and detect. Old cotton gins where they had large fish frys with tubs of beer and various other venues. Luckily, I still feel free to knock on a door up there. Not much has changed so many people still recognize me by my last name and I expect I could hunt some cool, old spots.

Where in NEA?

I grew up in the Harrison area.

If you're looking for modern stuff and want to find lots of it, just hit up tot lots in the area. There is always clad there, and it's fun if you have an hour to kill.

If you're hunting relics, I'd go for waterways. The White River was a thoroughfare for centuries. After that, I'd try creeks, especially in low-lying areas between hills where people would have had to "funnel" through traveling before there were improved roads in the area.

Most detectors have waterproof coils at least - don't be afraid to put on a pair of rubber boots and wade in the creek :)

Back
Top Bottom