Long Road Trip Part III and bucket lister!

TommyJay

Forum Supporter
....but unfortunately we had to cut it short because of vehicle issues.

Finished off nicely with the road trip. I was able to collect some bottles when I found a bottle dump while looking for an old foundation that a local told me about.

IMG_0609.jpg

There were quite a few there scattered about, along with some broken green telephone pole non conductors. Since I didnt have a lot of room in our tiny trailer, I left them on the picnic table :no: I eventually found the foundation, but only found the small Catholic medallion because my time was short. We also went over to a lake with a small swimming beach, and thats where I found my first silver water detecting. I also found a 1935 wheatie near the pavilion.

IMG_0717.jpg

The heat and humidity drove us back west, and we camped along the KS border with MO. We stayed at the city park a couple of nights, and I asked the maintenance folks if I could detect there. The boss said have fun, and told me that his old boss found a neat bullet at the far end. Since there is some civil war history there, thats where I started, and sure enough, I found one! I sent a pic to an ammo guy I know, and he said "Looks like colt made bullet for their dragoon revolver or 1860 model 44" Which would make sense since they were stationed at the fort prior to the civil war. It appears that it was fired, and impacted.

IMG_0720.jpg

I found the silver cross not far from the bullet. Other than that it was modern clad. Our last place we camped had a small swimming beach, so I was excited to hit the water again. I found a few quarters in the scoop, along with the earring? at the upper left. Not sure if it was silver or not.

Final points: Ive been using Park2 on the NOX when I start hearing iron breaks in the threshold, and it really makes this machine come alive. I swing at a slower rate, but the rewards have been good. But with the junk around, it also makes pinpointing a challenge.

Chiggers - I can handle ticks, spiders, mosquito's, and snakes, but those things are truly EVIL :mad:. Ya can barely see them, and their bites really itch, and cause blisters. How do you southern folks deal with em?

Thanks for looking, and HH!

Awesome digs!

I'd rather deal with alligators riding on the back of rabid pit bulls than the misery that comes and lasts with chiggers..

<°)))>{

Nice digs! For chiggers, I just spray down the tops of my shoes and the bottoms of my pant legs with something DEET-based and that usually keeps them off me.

Awesome digs!

I'd rather deal with alligators riding on the back of rabid pit bulls than the misery that comes and lasts with chiggers..

<°)))>{

Yes indeed!

Nice digs! For chiggers, I just spray down the tops of my shoes and the bottoms of my pant legs with something DEET-based and that usually keeps them off me.

Thank you. Yea, I did that, and they still got through the socks. The humidity and dew made me feel like I was swimming. I wonder if that washed the deet away.

nice job got alot of goodies congrats on your 1st silver water hunting:D

Thank you. Not a lot of beeches around my parts, but I know some reservoirs where folks go swimmin.

Ugh chigger bites are the absolute worst! Nice finds though!

Yes they are, and thank you! I hear that its better to hunt the thick bush AFTER a hard frost.

Back
Top Bottom