A needed new partner for my Nox...

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
Just got a tracking number for a new 6" coil for my 800...I feel complete now.
I really like the standard coil, seems to separate and deal with masking very well but I have major issues with iron and trash in most of the areas I hunt so I can't help but think this coil, on this detector, might be a game changer for me.
It should make things a whole lot easier at the very least.

I have a nice selection of coils for most of my detectors, 5 for just my F70 alone, but snipers have always been the most productive for me and so my favorites.
I expect nothing less from this one.

Now if the heat would break and we get some rain to loosen up my concrete-like clay filled southern dirt I can finally get out in earnest and see what this baby can do.

I ordered it today about 1:00 pm and it is coming out of Idaho, tracking says I should get it on Saturday.
After weeks of dry, hot weather we got a little rain today, supposed to have some showers tonight, tomorrow, Saturday, Sunday with a cloudy day on Friday so hopefully it won't dry things out too bad.
Just a little better digging conditions is all I ask, if only temporarily.

Getting new toys is fun!

Well this is rare, that Saturday delivery was moved up to today...I am expecting it anytime, now.

I wrenched my back a few days ago and right now am enjoying some pain killing drugs but somehow, someway I think I will make it outside to give it a shakedown cruise if just for a short while.
We had a little bit of rain recently, not enough to saturate everything well but probably enough to be enable me to dig a few inches deep, anyway.
This first hunt will be in a thoroughly scoured area where I have not found anything much lately except junk, today will be all about getting signals and seeing how it deals with masking.
If I find anything good at all that will be a bonus.

I bought mine used. New the same old Equinox rules apply, get on a list or go down Minelab’s dealer page contacting obscure dealers for one in stock.

I've been enjoying mine so far. No killer finds, but plenty of finds that there is no way I'm pulling them out with the standard coil.

BCD

I bought mine used. New the same old Equinox rules apply, get on a list or go down Minelab’s dealer page contacting obscure dealers for one in stock.

Thats what I figured. If anyone can find one in stock somewhere I'll paypal ya 25 bucks finders fee once I receive it!

I think you'll like that 6" coil. I have hunted with mine several times since I got it. Each time it has produced for me in heavily hunted sites. I have only found clads and one man's 14 K wedding band but I have not hunted all that much because of the heavy heat and humidity. Good luck and look forward to your input on the coil. I may get to hunt a bit today ?

Where are you guys finding these? Do they have anymore in stock? I need one now!

A dealer in Idaho...they hunt for nuggets over there, too.
He has been a big Minelab dealer for a long time and now it is paying off with his shipments coming a little bigger and a little more often than other dealers.
He still has lists you have to get on, I bought my 800 from him too earlier this year and that moved me up a bit.
I asked to be put on the list on July 17, got contacted this week that my number came up.

I wasn't in a huge hurry because summertime is my downtime, too hot and dry to dig in lawns and public places, I was just hoping to get one by late fall when our season really starts around here but Christmas came early.

One short hunt yesterday in a lawn that I scoured more times than I could count with nothing showing up for awhile now.
What I saw convinced me this was the final and the most important piece to the puzzle for me in our difficult devil dirt.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info DIGGER27. I've been a little frustrated with trying to get this coil. I've actually already paid for one from someone who claimed to have 2 of them in stock. This is a fellow YouTuber with a fairly popular channel who I thought was trustworthy, but they ended up giving me a fake tracking number and now won't respond to my texts or emails. Never shipped me anything. So now its back to square one. I guess I need to just get on a list at some legit dealer and wait.

Thanks for the info DIGGER27. I've been a little frustrated with trying to get this coil. I've actually already paid for one from someone who claimed to have 2 of them in stock. This is a fellow YouTuber with a fairly popular channel who I thought was trustworthy, but they ended up giving me a fake tracking number and now won't respond to my texts or emails. Never shipped me anything. So now its back to square one. I guess I need to just get on a list at some legit dealer and wait.

I've seen one for sale on FB last week for around 300 bucks then on ebay 150 over. Ridiculous! But i guess people will grab it the way 800s are being stalled.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've seen one for sale on FB last week for around 300 bucks then on ebay 150 over. Ridiculous! But i guess people will grab it the way 800s are being stalled.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Man, those are some crazy prices. I'm already out $179 so I'm just gonna wait.

I’m gonna give it a few more weeks but if he doesn’t reply within that time frame I will definitely call him out on my own channel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool, hopefully he isn’t pulling the same stuff on others. I’m guessing you probably paid PayPal Friends and Family and can’t file a dispute. Nothing pisses me off more than getting ripped off by people that seem like they are trustworthy.

Luckily, I’ve only been burned once in the detecting space, and then only partially burned. A dealer and forum sponsor of Findmall sold me an Etrac and listed it in excellent condition. The reality was it looked like it was swung by some Wreck It Ralph/Edward Scissor Hands hybrid. The screen was scratched so bad you had to hold it at certain angles to see. It drove me nuts and I couldn’t sell it for anything worth a damn, so I ended up donating it for the tax write off.

Yeah I paid PP friends because I had known the guy from YouTube for a long time. Seen him do lots of giveaways etc. I trusted him 100%. I’m more upset that he would do this than I am about the $$$.

Just got a tracking number for a new 6" coil for my 800...I feel complete now.
I really like the standard coil, seems to separate and deal with masking very well but I have major issues with iron and trash in most of the areas I hunt so I can't help but think this coil, on this detector, might be a game changer for me.
It should make things a whole lot easier at the very least.

I have a nice selection of coils for most of my detectors, 5 for just my F70 alone, but snipers have always been the most productive for me and so my favorites.
I expect nothing less from this one.

Now if the heat would break and we get some rain to loosen up my concrete-like clay filled southern dirt I can finally get out in earnest and see what this baby can do.

what's wrong with your mojave in the trash! that 7" coil is killer!..i got one! love mine!..$251.00 ..great little detector!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

what's wrong with your mojave in the trash! that 7" coil is killer!..i got one! love mine!..$251.00 ..great little detector!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Not a thing, but my soil is weird, challenging and temperamental.
The Nox just works a bit easier and better...I think.
My Mojave isn't going anywhere, I still do love to switch things up here and there and that won't change.

Back
Top Bottom