Snake in the grass

OMG I would have crapped myself!! I HATE Snakes!!! I would have froze up and fell over or just dropped my stuff and hauled a$$! lol

Even this cute lil guy?

3.jpg

He's a full-grown southern ringneck snake!

2.jpg

That's a pretty looking snake. Similar looking apart from the colour to what
we call a slow worm. This is one I found in our garden a little while back.

SW1.jpg

SW2.jpg

That's a pretty looking snake. Similar looking apart from the colour to what we call a slow worm. This is one I found in our garden a little while back

We have what are called "glass snakes" around here that are kind of salt'n'pepper colored which are also legless lizards. What's interesting is that our glass snakes have very "snaky" looking heads, while yours really does have a lizard-like head.

Regarding your adder, new jersey has only 2 poisonous species that I know of: the timber rattler and the copperhead, neither of which I've ever seen.

The largest snake we have is also the most common - the eastern black racer which gets up to 6 ft in length (a little short of 2 meters). My friends and I used to go back in the woods and catch them. I remember one I caught which was about 4 feet long when I was around 10 or so. I pried its mouth open and put my finger in his mouth crosswise, and then walked into the kitchen where my mom was. All she saw was this thing hanging straight down with its mouth clamped around my finger and she almost had a heart attack...if nothing else, snakes are always good for a cheap laugh! :lol:

Coming from South Africa im quite used to poisonous snakes,,,everthing there is poisonous and that includes all goverment workers too.Must say ive not sen one of those snakes here yet

Back
Top Bottom