Campground Ransack!

Wow. Good report Mud. You MI guys are tough. Doesn't matter if you're crazy, old, or misequipped. Freezing temps and snowfall are just factors; not deterrents. Sounds like a good time!

Looks like you guys had a great time, congrats. I am amazed Gary did not " edit" that group photo yet! :laughing:

When you gotta eat.. you gotta eat..

Attachments

• friends.jpg
    friends.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 40
The MKG Numismatics hit an old campground at a Lake today. The two younger guys went into the water, while the two Old guys commenced to work the woods...The Water Babies came up out of there disappointed, a coupla wheaties and a cool axe head and the usual trash.

The Old bulls were steadily pulling massive quantities of coins up in the woods!! Thats when it got strange! The Waterbabies fell in with us, and even though encumbered by waders and no proper digging implements, they started hunting coins and using their scoops for shovels! :laughing:

STURRAT found a really cool neckerchief slide! "Strengthen the Arm of Liberty" from the 1950's...The likes none of us Weblows have ever seen! So he was happy! Along with clad, Old Bob pulled a 42 Merc and some wheaties! Old Bob said he used to get paid with this denomination for a weeks work back in 1942 when he was 30! So he was happy! ....Jeff got the axe head out of the water and a fist full of clad on the dirt! So He was happy!

I got a neckerchief slide, a compass, a brass tent rope tensioner with my screwdriver and my little garden trowel...and clad of course...109 coins for $16.91...So yeah, after running it through the Coinstar minus the 12%..thats $14.88 I cleared! Enough for a pack of smokes and Four 25oz Beers with about $2 left over for a scratchoff!~ So I'm ecstatic!! :laughing:

Yeah, even in the light snow, a bagged coil was helpful...most coins were shallow, a guy had to hit a ping, kick off the overburden of leaves and then attempt a retrieve...most coins were right on the deck....

The weather was peaceful and gray...One of those days where you cannot tell N from S or what time it is.... It was a wonderfully relaxing hunt with some Numismatic Friends...

Between us four, adding up our ages, over 200yrs of Life!....We had found a Compass, an Axe head, probably $30 clad, and some silver, plus I had a lighter in my pocket, so a guy knows no matter what happens, we had found enough gear and money to survive on this Planet for at least another day! :laughing:

Of course its obvious none of us would starve to death!....Not with Jeff along...I bet he'd dress out around 250lbs! Old Bob can run on fumes, and The Rat is just too big...might need him for collecting firewood...And since I got the lighter, I'm the cook!...:laughing:

That was a fun read...I enjoyed how you chronicled that for us, well done! Congrats on all the finds and a great days with friends.

I'm guessing Old Bob is the one in the middle? :D Congrats on the good times and great hunt?

As always great write up . Sounds like a great time . Wish I could of tagged along but it’s a bit of a drive as you know but things might be changing for me with work so I might be able to do some more hunts with ya. We’re you using some kind of crazy setting on your camera because it looks like your buddy on the right don’t have any legs:laughing:

Thank you all for your kind replies! I've been a bit distracted the past few days and not up to par on my Forum involvement...I've been looking for a job and of course that Curse Of Oak Island Marathon and the New Season opener took quite a bit out of me! :laughing::laughing:Good to see Y'all carried on admirably!

Back
Top Bottom