Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Kellyco Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Forum Help & Announcements

Notices

Old 11-04-2014, 05:20 PM
Freshwater Shark

Originally Posted by ParkHunter View post
Come on admins.

This is the wrong purpose of iTrader.
If Scuba did nothing wrong, delete the bad feedback given to him. Why hurt his credibility when he is clearly honest and fine for the classifieds. iTrader is to protect users and serve as accurate feedback, this isn't accurate. Why tell him to leave negative feedback in retaliation? Just delete the BS and let Scuba maintain 100% like he should. Why is that such an issue with this forum?
Parkhunter, I appreciate the comment but in a way I did do something wrong. I sent the detector to Fisher immediately and that was great. Then they said it needed a new coil. He sent me an email saying if I would give him back 50.00 he would pay the rest. So I sent him 50.00 through pay-up-pal. When I went to ship the rod to him I realized I couldn't find the mount for it above the handle. I sent him an email asking if he just wanted the belt loop. He insisted on the mount. So I had to find one, get it here, install it and then send the rod to him. I did that and since it took more time to get ready than I anticipated I also sent him a free metal sand scoop.

Tracking number WAS 1Z1A2T440354444719 I sent him an email saying it was on the way. He contacted a mod and said he never got it. A mod called me. I told him it had been shipped and he should receive it in a couple of days. After he told the mod he didn't get it, I went to the shipper and got a copy of the shipping label. I pulled up the tracking number from UPS and found out it was NOT signed for by him but someone else. He never responded to the mod's question if it might have gone to a neighbor.

The tracking number and the shipping label are all I have. IF he would have told me he didn't get it UPS could have done some investigation.

Where I was GUILTY, is the fact I didn't have it ready and it took longer to get ready than I planned. I wasn't thinking the mount was missing when I advertized it for sale.

I was having a major problem when this all happened and I was off the forum for a while. BUT the buyer had my phone number and didn't call me. Just blasted me in a thread. Life goes on.

A negative for being late I can accept. For people to think there is a chance they won't get what they bought, I can't accept. Maybe Carol or Vlad will read this. Best I can do.

Last edited by ScubaDetector; 11-04-2014 at 07:09 PM.

Members of Friendly Metal Detecting Forums have rated post 2167080 as the most helpful. Skip right to it!
Old 11-06-2014, 01:10 PM

Default this is unreal

I HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING ON THIS FORUM TO CAUSE ME A HARDSHIP,FOR NOTHINGWHAT IS THE REAL PROOF OF THE PROBLEM THIS LOOKS LIKE SOME WITCH HUNT--OUT OF NO WHERE
Attached Images

Old 11-06-2014, 01:59 PM
"Can Do" Moderator

Originally Posted by james45 View post
I HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING ON THIS FORUM TO CAUSE ME A HARDSHIP,FOR NOTHINGWHAT IS THE REAL PROOF OF THE PROBLEM THIS LOOKS LIKE SOME WITCH HUNT--OUT OF NO WHERE
I sent you a PM explaining things. Less than 50 posts will get you to the minimum! Just participate in our Forum!!

Old 11-06-2014, 07:00 PM
Freshwater Shark

I just want to thank everyone ESPECIALLY the mods for their support. You went beyond my expectations.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:06 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by ScubaDetector View post
I just want to thank everyone ESPECIALLY the mods for their support. You went beyond my expectations.
Sorry if it took longer than you would have liked but we needed to investigate how the transaction went awry, get information from both sides, cross check it and come to a decision after deliberation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Never, under any circumstances, take a laxative and a sleeping pill, on the same night.

Old 11-25-2014, 04:35 PM

This is frustrating. Because I haven't posted 200 times I cannot post that I want to buy a metal detector and get the best deal.

Old 11-25-2014, 06:46 PM
Freshwater Shark

Originally Posted by rtr2006 View post
This is frustrating. Because I haven't posted 200 times I cannot post that I want to buy a metal detector and get the best deal.
You can call the sponsors and you can PM the sellers can't you? I am a bit lost.

Old 11-25-2014, 11:22 PM

Yes you'd have to pm each seller individually. ... lol

Old 03-13-2015, 10:33 PM

I understand the reasons to limit for sale ads by new/unknown members, but... I just tried to post a WTB ad and those are limited as well? I don't get it. I just want a used 1280X...

Old 03-13-2015, 11:15 PM

Got to hand to admin here, so much bs going on for a "friendly" forum and you have to deal with it. IMHO you are doing a great job. You make the rules, I'll decide to stay or go.

Old 03-14-2015, 02:23 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by ur20v View post
I understand the reasons to limit for sale ads by new/unknown members, but... I just tried to post a WTB ad and those are limited as well? I don't get it. I just want a used 1280X...
You can respond to a For Sale ad if the item interests you, and it's up to the seller wether or not they will sell it to you. But you can not start a thread (such as a WTB), until you meet the requirements.

Never, under any circumstances, take a laxative and a sleeping pill, on the same night.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:05 AM

I've been a member since 2011 have done multiple trades and sales have 100% feedback but dont post as much as retired people. Just dont have the time. Work full time and have 2 kids. I barely have time to detect. This was the friendly fourm because it wasn't overly regulated. Its our responsibility to make sure we dont get scamed buy calling and taking the proper precautions not moderator on a fourm. Not happy with your decisions on this. I really liked dealing with members when selling and buying equipment because most on here know what they are talking about and you can get more info then you can from ebay and craigslist. I actually felt more secure selling and buying from this fourm then other places caus3 the odds of being scamed are much lower. You will never be able to stop it fully there are scamers everywhere. Now because of the new rules a lot of people are going to end up selling on Craigslist and thier odds of being scamed probably just trippled. THANKS. I understand the motivation but disagree 100%. " If you give up your freedom for security you will get neither "

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-16-2015, 01:02 PM

I'm a little surprised that I can't post a WTB thread. Restrictions on selling I can understand but WTB? Oh well ... it is what it is ....

Old 08-21-2015, 02:20 PM

I support the overall rule instituted and the reason behind it. But I disagree with the criteria as I have stated in a different post.

Ideas moving forward:
* Time based ability to post in the classifieds, 6 months, 365 days, something better than 200 posts
* User donated, he/she must be serious

In my case I have been here over a year and a half. And I don't contribute to every post because I may not have something valuable to say. But I donated my money to help this website because I find it so extremely valuable as a resource and as a positive way to display the best things about this hobby.

But to not be able to sell my MD because I don't have 200 posts requires me to post things (like this - +1 for my count now) so I can sell something.

Something should budge here.

Old 08-21-2015, 07:48 PM
Supporter

Many people use PayPal gift to buy items from the forum classifieds, which is in many ways like sending a check made out to cash. If you get screwed in some way in a purchase you would have to file a legal action, usually in another state. Its not like buying via credit card from a sponsor who had a brick and mortar store somewhere.
I just spent $950 on a used E-Trac from a member on the forum. I would not have done that if I was not able to trust the seller who had over 7,000 posts since 2006, and see his iTrader ratings. The sale went perfectly.

Thank you enforcing the rules the way they are.

Sorry if it rubs some new members the wrong way.

Old 08-21-2015, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by JWalker3 View post
Many people use PayPal gift to buy items from the forum classifieds, which is in many ways like sending a check made out to cash. If you get screwed in some way in a purchase you would have to file a legal action, usually in another state. Its not like buying via credit card from a sponsor who had a brick and mortar store somewhere.
I just spent $950 on a used E-Trac from a member on the forum. I would not have done that if I was not able to trust the seller who had over 7,000 posts, and see his iTrader ratings. The sale went perfectly.

Thank you enforcing the rules the way they are.

Sorry if it rubs some new members the wrong way.
Best thing to do is to not use the gift option. If a seller is going to accept Paypal payments, any fees should be included in their asking price. JMO

Old 08-22-2015, 11:01 PM

With all due respect I simply do not list nor browse the classifieds here anymore, although I think I have met the criteria (I forget).

Old 03-13-2016, 05:19 PM
Elite Member

Well...Here's my delima... I have been away for a good while, but was a member for quite awhile too. I have 1200+ posts but without an actual definition of "significant post" I don't know if I fit the criteria or not. I have legitimate equipment for sale but want to follow the rules. Now what???

Old 03-13-2016, 07:40 PM

I would say that you're eligible to use the classifieds, go there and try posting something for sale.

Old 03-13-2016, 07:48 PM
"Can Do" Moderator

Originally Posted by DirtyNeckJesse View post
Well...Here's my delima... I have been away for a good while, but was a member for quite awhile too. I have 1200+ posts but without an actual definition of "significant post" I don't know if I fit the criteria or not. I have legitimate equipment for sale but want to follow the rules. Now what???
You qualify.