• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Heres one for the CRHers out there

Jax

Forum Supporter
I was at one of the Theaters I service today, and was in talking to the GM and this Gold quarter was sitting on his desk. I asked where he got it and he said he found 2 of them in a roll of quarters from the bank :shock: He called his boss and asked if he had won a contest or something for finding the gold quarters :lol:

Attachments

• Gold.jpg
    Gold.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 463
Most interesting! I wonder if they are from those gold-plated state quarters collections I see advertised on TV?

WOW!

Some kid probably got into his dads collection and spent them!

last year I was at a gas station and bought a soda...I got change from the purchse. WHen I got home I found that the cashier gave me a Roosevelt silver.....then, to my amazement, upon checkin the rest of tthe change I found a Mercury!!!!

Only thing I could figure was that some kid got into his dads collection and went to the store and bought some candy....man!

If I would have relaized it at the gas station I would have bought some more stuff njust to get more change....could have been a whole register full of silver!

I found three Kennedy halves the same way. After research, found out that people "gold plate" clad coins to try to scam new coin collectors into thinking they are valuable. I tossed them back into my dump pile.

I come across these in halves quite a bit. They are done by people like you and were never been made by any mints. They have no premium and are worth whatever the coin is. They look neat but are worthless.

Mistyped - I didn't mean to imply you made this, but was trying to say these are made by people like you OR I. Basically John Q makes these by dipping them and are not struck by any mints.

Back
Top Bottom