No Gold and Cold

Swing4TheRing

Forum Supporter
Hit the water last week Friday and while we didn't get in to any of the good stuff, we still had a good time out there digging everything else. The water was ripping quite a bit so I couldn't get out too deep, but after it was all said and done, I couldn't even turn my detector off because a layer of 1/2'' ice had formed over the control box that wouldn't allow me to press down on the buttons! Waders had a shield of ice going up them as well and were solid. :shock: Had to leave the detector on and drive around town for a while with the heat up before I could get it to turn off... :p Best part of the day, I did see a muskrat body surfing alongside the pier as he came over to check me out!

Attachments

• 20170303_133914.jpg
    20170303_133914.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 221
  • 20170303_133944.jpg
    20170303_133944.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 222
  • 20170303_134041.jpg
    20170303_134041.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 222
Now THATS a Ice Shot there! Wow! I know that Place! FWIW...Theres more money in muskrats..especially now that they are on the move, all over the place!..think of them as a $5 bill, and catch as many as you can!..:laughing:...Damn dude...thats some ice..!. You shoulda just come and visited me here at the MudPup house....

I feel better now. You sir are obviously more crazy, crazier, whatever!
Than I am. :D :yes:

DUDE!!! What the hell is wrong with you? :twisted: If you want to hunt all year round move to Florida for God's sake! :lol: That sure beats my getting sand blasted!

Best advice , delete that pic , before your wife has you locked up . :lol:
,,,,,,HH

DUDE!!! What the hell is wrong with you? :twisted: If you want to hunt all year round move to Florida for God's sake! :lol: That sure beats my getting sand blasted!

Right? After seeing this shot..It puts some perspective to the conditions here....You really gotta give props to Irons Jan/Feb gold finds so far this season...he has been right there in it all along that stretch!..Is it worth it?..What is the price of Insanity?

So yeah..half a dozen absolutely insane West Michigan Winters Water Hunters pounding along here!...its friggin awful! :laughing::laughing: That AtPro Ice shot from Swing4theRing pretty much says it all..Lord we suffer!...

We all should get together someday and share notes, or Hothand packets..? Maybe a group hunt? You know, snuggle up tight to share body heat or something? Two guys stuffed into one set of waders? Hell Yeah! One guy running the rig, and the other guy riding piggyback and scooping the targets? :laughing::laughing:

Its just fussing awful up here!! But now, you all can see how truly awful it is!:laughing:..We dont see a beach towel until late July...and thats from an Inuit..

Right? After seeing this shot..It puts some perspective to the conditions here....You really gotta give props to Irons Jan/Feb gold finds so far this season...he has been right there in it all along that stretch!..Is it worth it?..

So yeah..half a dozen absolutely insane West Michigan Winters Water Hunters pounding along here!...its friggin awful! :laughing::laughing: That AtPro Ice shot from Swing4theRing pretty much says it all..Lord we suffer!...

We all should get together someday and share notes, or Hothand packets..? Maybe a group hunt? You know, snuggle up tight to share body heat or something? Occasionally slap scoops with each other to knock the ice off? :laughing::laughing:

Not only are most you western Mi hunters insane there are a few on the east side also but I don't think quite as many. I will just laugh and wait to come back to some decent water temps.

I will be coming your way around the 26th of April. Maybe Kevin and I can say hello.

Summer water hunting the beaches is rough, man. People strolling all over, jogger women in yoga pants with cute bouncing ponytails, the constant smell of sun tan lotion on the breeze.
Young fit women wearing dental floss constantly coming up to me asking if I found anything. Several times last summer I swear I metal detected the same 4 square feet for hours.

Summer hunting the beaches of West Michigan is darn near a lost cause.

Not only are most you western Mi hunters insane there are a few on the east side also but I don't think quite as many. I will just laugh and wait to come back to some decent water temps.

I will be coming your way around the 26th of April. Maybe Kevin and I can say hello.

Yeah that would be great! I gotta big old empty house here...plenty of room...I'll be your host and sponsor/bailbondsman! :laughing:

The whole thing With Lake Michigan in the Winter?...She either locks you out completely or seduces you to going in hazardous!!..There really aint no appropriate conditions until September/Oct/Nov if at all...Still, whats a guy to do? Like I said, She is just sittiing there, luring a guy in all the time with unkempt churlish obstreperdnous holding onto Her gold...

Like a young nubile wife with asperations of grandeur...You are never quite good enough, no matter what you do, you KNOW She will kill you someday if given the chance, but you at least make the effort to show appreciation, and sometimes, early in the morning, it pays off!...:laughing:

I really admire the performance/effort of the West Mich Winter Water Babies though..they got no concept of danger/temperature/the fragility of Humans...They earn every penny or gold they can pull! Clearly and honestly depicted by Swing4TheRings pictures....

Like damn! The shut off button dont work until the ice melts off? What kind of insanity is this? Like I said..a guy will go to some pretty extreme lengths to get some...especially when Gold is their Mistress...

Last edited:
Greatly appreciated post. Proof to my wife that it....I could be worse ! Thank you so much !

I brought my boys there Sunday to pick up all the change laying on the ground.
a204bf6715926b31000613e43f06c435.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom