• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Let's Talk about... Footwear!

I'm not a barefoot kind of guy.

I have a pair of aqua socks, but found after about 4 hours of use, they aren't good, even for just walking that long. I will admit though, the pair I have are el Cheapo type.

I wear some similar to irons but with extra rubber patches added over the open neoprene areas for added stingray protection.

For wet and dry sand I either barefoot it or wear rubber slippers what you would call flip-flops. If walking the reefs then I wear tabies a Japanese type of in the water reef shoes

I tried barefoot and got my feet badly sun burned. Tried various types of footwear but the sand got in them and rubbed my feet raw So I purchased a pair of scuba pro dive boots and they have 4 years of hard use on them and still functional.

Boots

I have tender feet and these are my favorites.

Attachments

• boot.jpg
    boot.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 232
After all the Glass I have dug up I never go with out these!!

Attachments

• boots.jpg
    boots.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 200
I wear something very similar to these from Walmart and put the plantar fasciitis inserts inside. :)

Attachments

• shoe.jpg
    shoe.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 157
Crocs in the water, flip flops with arch support in the sand.

Barefoot in summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to always go barefoot at the beach, until 4 years when I cut myself on the top of a tuna can, well that ruined my day :(

Since then I've always worn shoes. I don't care if I look weird wearing trainers, on a 40ºC day at the beach, while everyone is either barefoot or wearing flip-flops, but I definitely don't want to cut myself again!

Boots

Very light fly fishing boots, similar to dive boots. Won't go on the beach in bare feet, where I hunt a lot of screws and junk including fish hooks.
I am impressed with your endurance which = finds:detector:

Gerry

Will be using those Walmart water ones. More likely worried about what to wear here around the Texas brushes and our diamond back rattle snakes. Any suggestions welcome

TexasCTX3030 - Mario (NetHunter)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now I'm confused more then when I started! :p

I went to a local dive shop, as they carry Neosport (I liked some of the styles on their website), and started talking to the guy. Turn out he MD's as well. We got to talking, and he uses cheap canvas sandals from Walmarrt, the type with 3 straps on them for like $16. Wasn't in the mood to hit Wallyworld, so I went home, thinking I'll hit WM another day. But the more I think about it, the more I lean towards the dive boots. How are the boots on the dry sand? For some reason I think they would be 'wobbly' for lack of a better word.

Back
Top Bottom