New to hobby

raptor

Hello,
I just bought what is probably a low end detector after a brief casual conservation with my wife about them. Thought i would play with it and see if it sparks our interest. I know next to nothing about them. Can't be too complicated though. I'll try reading the manual first. ;)

Not sure if i should disclose but hey, we all start somewhere. Harbor Freight model 43149.

Thanks for all the welcomes. There has to be some pirate treasure around here somewhere!

Welcome to the forum. Lots of nice folks here to offer advice and help when needed. Not familiar with HF MD, but you'll have to let us know how you like it.

We like pictures and stories of finds.

Happy Hunting!!!

I know nothing about a HF detector, but I have a $89.00 Bounty Hunter and I have a blast. If you are having fun and finding stuff, then you go guy.:spin:

No one cares here what you swing, as long as you're swinging. For some strange reason, the uber leet detecting snobs don't come around here much. I think that Carol and the mods take them out in the e-parking lot and kick the crap out of them ! :lol:

While much of our community here sleeps with their favorite detector and is more than willing to fistfight in order to defend its honor, we all believe that first and foremost, you need to be out swinging.

I can remember back a number of years ago where you had to spend serious money to even have a chance to find anything as none of the economy detectors were worth a dang. Now, you regularly see guys running economy detectors finding incredible things.

So fire that thing up, then give us a report. And remember 90% experience/operator, 10% equipment.

Take it from a guy that at one time spent 2400.00 on a detector that couldn't find his hands with both heinies. I swung it briefly, took an 800.00 loss on the sale, and quit. I hated that pig. ;)

You don't need to spend a Ton to have fun! I started with a Find It all BFO!!:lol: Oops! Age showing here!

Back
Top Bottom