Vaquero and driveways

fuzzymaster

are like oil and water for me here on eastern shore va. I cannot hunt them at all, old driveways I'm talking about. The vaquero is very unstable. Any suggestions?

My experience with driveways is that the gravel used in them raises hell with any detector I have used. Not to mention people used to clean out there coal stoves and dump clinkers in the driveway as well..... and clinkers and metal detectors dont mix.

The only thing I have found that works on old driveways is a FBS machine, but even with them... performance is greatly reduced.

The answer to your question is probably different in different parts of the country but your pretty close to CT, and places where coal was burned always give my machines fits.

small coil, low sensitivity..

Yes gravel driveways. I'm sure there probably was some burned here at one time.

Try running sensitivity down low. Gravel is a pain everywhere. Don't try going too positive on the GB, as you'll lose good target response. Another thing you may want to try, is the 5.75 widescan coil. That may help some. I'd normally suggest the 5.75 concentric, but the widescan should be quieter in gravel.

Back
Top Bottom