No gold but silver

STURRAT

Went out to my favorite lake but it was iced over. Went to a couple other spots and the last one produced but only had an hour. Silver half, two silver dimes and a buff. Strangely enough no wheats??? Mud and I got yelled at by a homeowner last time we were here and I pulled a gold ring out on our way back to the car.
a1ef9e69fb62a80166f5d60da84e172f.jpg
46f421fcb54066158aa4a33c8dfc073a.jpg
eb60ae1b55b340f8ef3d245db7e2e395.jpg
0571a58687c8d2f798fc6230d108506c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:laughing::laughing: Alright! beautiful BF Half there Man! Good on ya for getting out on such a cold morning! Yeah...that guy was a real dik!...there was no talking any sense to him, but Hey, Boom! You got that nice old gold ring as we were skedaddling! Thats a great memory I will always have about that day!:laughing::laughing:

Yelled at by a home owner? Does the lake have ANY public access?

I have been yelled at by MANY homeowners. I ignore most of them so they go away. Then the police come to educate them after they call.

If these came out of the big lake like I think they did, WHY would a homeowner yell at you?

Very nice half and dimes

Nice group of silvers, and they cleaned up well too, congrats!

Yelled at by a home owner? Does the lake have ANY public access?

I have been yelled at by MANY homeowners. I ignore most of them so they go away. Then the police come to educate them after they call.

If these came out of the big lake like I think they did, WHY would a homeowner yell at you?

Very nice half and dimes

Yes one of the times scuba where the home owner thinks they own a pie shape to the middle of the lake. The claimed there were break ins and they didn't want us around. Put in at a public access and this time (a couple years ago) I bit my tongue. Sometimes I get angry, sometimes I just walk away.

Yes one of the times scuba where the home owner thinks they own a pie shape to the middle of the lake. The claimed there were break ins and they didn't want us around. Put in at a public access and this time (a couple years ago) I bit my tongue. Sometimes I get angry, sometimes I just walk away.

Sturrat,

The LAW in Michigan is clear. IF the lake has ANY public access, a park on the lake, a boat ramp, a stream going into it etc. the land owner owns up to the high water mark period.

If indeed a private lake with absolutely no public access and a land owner gives you permission to detect it, IF you go off that land owners piece of pie you would technically be trespassing IF you were to touch the bottom.

IF diving they have to see you touch the bottom, tell you you are trespassing and then see you touch the bottom again on their piece of pie. That is the only way you can get a citation that will stick.

However, I really know what you mean, even on public lakes there people think they own everything. LOL I am sure you have read on some of my adventures!

I have had to educate many many land owners and police officers. I even had a land owner claim he owned the St. Clair River to the end of his dock! An international waterway!

Sorry for your misadventures. Sooner or later most will know the laws hopefully. My problem is I will never walk away if I know I am right!

You do know that you can walk along the shore of lake Michigan ANYWHERE up to the high water mark don't you? No land owner owns any part of the shoreline on the big lakes.

Sturrat,

The LAW in Michigan is clear. IF the lake has ANY public access, a park on the lake, a boat ramp, a stream going into it etc. the land owner owns up to the high water mark period.

:laughing:Yeah Dee, Rat knows the laws and can eloquently and peacefully explain them to MOST people that take the time to come down to the shoreline for a lively debate! He doesnt let himself get pushed around and if the share of riparian rights knowledge is not accepted, He will tell people to get lost in a nice way!

This guy was a bit out of the norm, obviously a sufferer of CDI...(Crazy,Drunk,Ignorant)! So...Nothing good could come of that 'knowledge of riparian rights' share session....Not ashamed to say I'll 'back away an come again another day' in those situations...too dangerous!, setting up for a bad day...

Sturrat,

:laughing:Yeah Dee, Rat knows the laws and can eloquently and peacefully explain them to MOST people that take the time to come down to the shoreline for a lively debate! He doesnt let himself get pushed around and if the share of riparian rights knowledge is not accepted, He will tell people to get lost in a nice way!

This guy was a bit out of the norm, obviously a sufferer of CDI...(Crazy,Drunk,Ignorant)! So...Nothing good could come of that 'knowledge of riparian rights' share session....Not ashamed to say I'll 'back away an come again another day' in those situations...too dangerous!, setting up for a bad day...

Thanks Mud. I was just trying to help. Too many rich land owners at least around my parts think they own everything. I have had to burst a few bubbles.

Thanks Mud. I was just trying to help. Too many rich land owners at least around my parts think they own everything. I have had to burst a few bubbles.

There is a reason I bought acreage and built a cabin instead of buying a waterfront cottage. :lol:

There is a reason I bought acreage and built a cabin instead of buying a waterfront cottage. :lol:

Sweet! I just act like I'm a DeafMute and keep on a hunting when folks get to shouting...(I've been married for quite a while so I'm used to it).. "Hey @sshole!" I'm like all stupid looking as you know....It just comes natural to me...Huh? Yeah? me?....Tongue hanging out and drooling...Thats my thing! I like to go all stupid on people! ...It sets them at ease.... As far as they are concerned, to the general lake front public, I'm nothing but a fussing harmless drooling deafmute stupid booboo, at least twice as dumb as they are...thats the image I easily project..! And in most cases it is certainly accurate...After all..they gotta lakeside house, and Im out here digging in dockside mud for tabs, splitshots, screwoffs, and pennies?!:laughing:

Rat is more nuanced and professional than myself....He enjoys a lively debate and educating docksidedickheads on riparian rights and the finer points of 'minding your own business'.. ..Thats admirable!..He starts out soft and friendly, "Hey how the hell are ya" Yet, he can go Defcon levels up from there if need be..depending on the docksidedickheads interest and the targets available of course....

I'm of the 'Pull Harder Lemual' detecting doctrine...As noted in the documentary "Outlaw Jose Wales?" I aint got time to teach everybody about riparian rights! Especially not Dockside dickheads! So, I just ignore or babble and booboo along..hoping folks feel sorry for me...like y'all graciously here do..just pulling that damned coil rope like a barge across the river....

As if finding gold wasnt hard enough! You gotta be able to whistle Dixie out of one side of your mouth, and the Battle Hymn of The Republic out the other!:lol: Act dumb and get a pass!...Make everyone feel that they are smarter than you! Feel sorry for you even! Thats whats worked for me! To get what I want! Everybodys happy! Like I said...I'm married! ..."Pull Harder Lemuel!"...:laughing:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom