Maxxpack

dewcon

Quality Control Expert
Ok.... anyone had an issue with their maxxpack battery? If it breaks ..... i can do it.:lol: Kept having an issue with one of my Xcal that i noticed. It seemed like a pot was going bad. It would come on and have a real loud threshold. When swung against the scoop it did nothing but maintain that loud threshold. Next time out i used the other machine and it did it. So, i swapped batteries and the others work just fine. I tested the battery with a multi meter and it was all over the place. I thought maybe over charging.... but no even after being left out it did it. The battery was DRY with no moisture inside. Im thinking bad cell or two. It does settle down....but takes several times of turning it on and off.

I tried to contact maxxpack.com. Odd, but when i get into CONTACT US..... thats all the page says. Did they get bought out?

Dew

Ok.... anyone had an issue with their maxxpack battery? If it breaks ..... i can do it.:lol: Kept having an issue with one of my Xcal that i noticed. It seemed like a pot was going bad. It would come on and have a real loud threshold. When swung against the scoop it did nothing but maintain that loud threshold. Next time out i used the other machine and it did it. So, i swapped batteries and the others work just fine. I tested the battery with a multi meter and it was all over the place. I thought maybe over charging.... but no even after being left out it did it. The battery was DRY with no moisture inside. Im thinking bad cell or two. It does settle down....but takes several times of turning it on and off.

I tried to contact maxxpack.com. Odd, but when i get into CONTACT US..... thats all the page says. Did they get bought out?

Dew

Sounds similar to an issue Felix is having...

R5

Id dont know..... but of this i am certain, its the battery. Going to take it apart just to see if its the connector and test straight off the battery. Hard to believe but, it could have been me.:laughing: Ive sent Maxxpack a message ill see what they say as well. Let me say thou...... id buy another in a heart beat. Great batteries.

Sounds similar to an issue Felix is having...

R5

Similar, but not the same. My Excal is working fine for a long time and then it seems that water seeps in and wrecks havoc. After 1-2 days it starts to work correctly again. I think the water that gets in evaporates. I get Ikelite connectors this week but my buddy will be up in Georgia hunting so I'll have to wait until next week for the repair. :(

Hopefully that wasnt salt water...... sounds like moisture from being in the sun.... meaning it could be the IKE.... but could be a seal too, or just around the cap. I use RTV silicone to fill in the cap crack and those set screws just in case.

What i also know is ..... if you a water hose to clean your machine, dont spray it. use sprinkle setting.......or you can get water past the O rings.

Took the battery apart. It does it even out of the tube. Maxxpack said if you leave um set it could blink a couple of times indicating the charger doesnt recognize the batter. My thought..... ill use the old charger over knight to see what happens. Then put it back on the other.

Dew

I ordered a new battery not 15 min ago from them glad to here I didn't make a mistake buying from them

Oh no..... great batteries. But what i found out from them is leaving the battery on the charger isnt keeping it charged. Once charged its charged. Apparently the voltage can get below a level if left setting where the charger wont charge it and doesnt recognize the battery. What you have to do is use another wall charger if this happens, like your ML charger to bring it back up. I did that an it now works fine.

I was told it should bling a couple of time ..... that tells you the battery is recognized. Dont believe that.....both my chargers and the batteries react the same.... brief red when put on the immediately to green. So i have to assume having used it for 8 hours it just didnt charge and next time out 8 hours put it drained. Oh well problem fixed.

Dew

Might have a fix for the problem and new technology

Try cleaning out the pod's female terminals with a Q-Tip dipped in alcohol. Make sure the tension of the male adapter pins are good. A very thin knife blade pushed into the slot in the male pins will increase their tension. Do not push too hard or twist as the one side of the pin may break off. Also check the charging adapter if you have problems with a short charge time. I have also seen the solder connections inside the adapter break and cause the same indications of very short if any charge time.

This has corrected the symptoms stated at least 5 times I can remember.

The MaxxPacks are great, I have used them since I got one of the first after sending pictures and spec to have them make me a replacement for less than MineLab was charging. I have used both the 1500 and 1600ma packs with NO problems except for a tight fitting pack in a New Excalibur 1000. This was due to the fact that the New pods for the EX.1000 had a draft from the molding process that the Ex. Sword did not have. MaxxPack did some magic and lessened the tight fit. That was many years ago.

Staying up with technology...

I just finished a review on the RNB Inovations EX-3000 a Lithium Ion (Li-Po) pack. Almost twice the price, but will run for 50+ hours in New England winter conditions - salt water and fresh. That is 2-3 times the duration I get with the MaxxPack. Something to think about. The EX-3000 comes with a charger as NiMH and NiCad chargers are NOT compatible with the EX-3000 and like wise vs-a-versa.

IDK Dew,,,,I am still using my 5 year old original battery and the only MaxPac I bought,,,,both are still working good,,,,,in fact I used my original one yesterday and forgot to charge it last night and used it again today,,,,total 9 hours and didn't die on me,,,,for the price of a new Maxpac, getcha a new one and forget it,,,,,has to be a dead cell,,,,,or like ML says, you hunt too much,,,,,:laughing:GL HH

My battery from them is going strong, no issues.
The ikelite on the battery connector, as many have mentioned, might be the issue. The are easy enough to open up and check the internal connection. The first time i opened mine up years ago it was a big blob of greensh blue corrosion. Cleaned it all up and loaded it with silicon before squishing it back together...

WaterWalker....... did all that first thing.

Problem solved. I hooked it up to the ML charger over night and runs like a champ now. Apparently, these smart chargers wont recognize a battery at some point if stored or allowed to drain to low. Sooo dont throw away that old ML charge it may come in handy.

Tim...... i just hunt to much.:laughing::laughing::laughing: You are really going to rag on me when i get a new CTX.:lol:

Yep, got all the original chargers plus a bunch more. The one I like the most, because it gives so much information including capacity is the BM-2000. With it I can cull out cells that have lost their capacity, and balance out a set. A Ray-O-Vac to kick start a questionable cell. The 8 cell charger that came with the ATX. These are for Ni-Cad and NiMH. Now that I have Li-PO packs I have two more chargers to keep track of. Oh yes, I can't forget all the other chargers, and power sources for all the other devices, I.e. phones, health trackers, blood pressure device, radios, scanners, photo equipment and now one for a label maker. I use the label maker to mark each AC/DC power pack, a great way to know which one to use.

I know...... ive got chargers all over the place from this and that. I used to use um for cheap electrolysis...... but got a Ham Radio deal for that now. Connie keeps telling me i have Octopus drawers that i need to get rid of.:lol:

I know...... ive got chargers all over the place from this and that. I used to use um for cheap electrolysis...... but got a Ham Radio deal for that now. Connie keeps telling me i have Octopus drawers that i need to get rid of.:lol:

My wife calls me "Octopus Drawers" too... but for a different reason! :wow:

R5

WaterWalker....... did all that first thing.

Problem solved. I hooked it up to the ML charger over night and runs like a champ now. Apparently, these smart chargers wont recognize a battery at some point if stored or allowed to drain to low. Sooo dont throw away that old ML charge it may come in handy.

Tim...... i just hunt to much.:laughing::laughing::laughing: You are really going to rag on me when i get a new CTX.:lol:[/QUOTE

:laughing::laughing::laughing:do you want to sell me your excal with skullies and P/P mod?:grin:

Back
Top Bottom